Let Things Be??

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dodger'smum
GRAMMY Award

Let Things Be??

Post by Dodger'smum »

Hi everyone,

What's your take on this please - as ever, I'd be very grateful for any input.

DS is with a big agency, more for younger kiddies in my humble opinion although they keep stressing they're not. Their Twitter feeds never feature anyone over about 10. Lovely agency, but we haven't had much from them in the last three years (I understand that's not necessarily their fault and we've never prodded or poked). He was sent for a casting for an ad recently and the brief was for a young looking 14 year old. He's nearly 6 ft tall with biceps...

DS is now completing a BTEC at EDA, living away from home with a weekly timetable that is mindboggling. He's saying he wouldn't have time to do anything even if he was successfully cast and that the time for worrying about agents is way down the line, possibly at showcase stage IF he's ever lucky enough to get onto an MT course when he's 18. He just wants to focus on his training.

So do we just leave things as they are? I just keep thinking that a lucky break could pay for future studies, and I can't see it happening with this agent, lovely as they are.

Huge thanks as ever x
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Re: Let Things Be??

Post by lotsolaffs »

Hi Dodger ' s mum. Mine was with an agency,small but productive for many but never put forward for enough work. I am so glad we left as she is so busy with training too 😉.
I can't help thinking it will make things easier when the time comes to get a new one.It must be difficult when there is a change over of agents hopefully they will both be able to have their pick!