NexGen

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Shrug
Nominee

NexGen

Post by Shrug »

Hi
Another newbie here. I have been invited to put my daughter forward by NexGen via starnow, and their website looks good etc however I can’t find any information on this site about them.
Does anyone have any information they could share?
I don’t allow her to go forward for anything with an upfront charge so anything like that and experiences would be super helpful

Many thanks xx
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: NexGen

Post by ACookie »

To be honest I don't know anything about this agency. However having had a good look around their website I would have several questions I would want answers to before proceeding.
Firstly do they pretty much take anyone who applies? There seems to be no audition/selection process which means that they have no idea of the standard of actors they are taking on, and no personal knowledge of them. The respected children's agents have an audition process and they will only take on children who they think will be successful in securing work.
Secondly, do they actually submit clients for potential castings from spotlight (the platform most casting directors use) or do you apply for your own jobs or just hope a casting director looks at your profile? Which is what it seems to suggest in their steps of what happens when you join.
Finally I can't see any information about clients credits - everyone of the profiles seems to be blank in the credit section... What have they successfully pitched clients for and successfully secured the job? What type of jobs are they? Major film, TV and theatre or student film, low budget? You need to go in knowing what type of projects are possible?
It's not an agency I would have considered for my daughter I have to be honest. If she and you are serious about auditioning for professional work I think I'd do a bit more research and find some agencies with good reviews to apply to.
Shrug
Nominee

Re: NexGen

Post by Shrug »

Thank you so much for your take on it. I tend to be super dubious of anyone that ‘invites’ my daughter to apply.
I’ll definitely be holding out for one of thre agencies I would love to have a chance at for her.
Also thank you for the points on what to check in future when wondering about any agencies credentials xx