Allsorts or Top Talent?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

millsmum
Nominee

Allsorts or Top Talent?

Post by millsmum »

My DD 9 is currently with a local agency but are looking to change at the end of her contract which is coming up.

So apologies if the below question has been done to death, I have tried to search the archives!

She has been invited to join Allsorts based on a photo submission and no audition with a £40 fee and then £10 per month (I think!)

She also has received an invitation to audition with Top Talent at Pineapple Dance Studios (aware this is an open audition) the fees there are £108 inc VAT.

Does anyone have any experience of either as wondering what way to go? I do know that an audition doesn't mean she will be selected to go on the books but also don't want to take a day off and go up to London if it isn't worthwhile.

The current agency she is with was a local one which seemed to accept every kid that auditioned and was my first experience of an agency and don't want to make the wrong decision again!

TIA :)
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: Allsorts or Top Talent?

Post by ACookie »

Personally I would never sign with an agent who had not met my child and had a taste of what they can do. How will they know what to submit them for, unless it's only for photographic work? That smacks of 'take any child' and hope they make us some money? I may be wrong and I don't have any personal experience of the agency but be wary. Also what is the fee for? Questions I'd want to know answers to. Most agents don't charge. Top talent has a decent reputation. I imagine their fee is for spotlight representation only which you'll have to pay if you want your child in the casting directors bible so to speak. I would be tempted to go to the audition and see what happens. Choices are always good to have. There was recently an article about 20 reputable child agencies, may be worth a read. Good luck!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

millsmum
Nominee

Post by millsmum »

This was my thought but when I looked for reviews I seemed to still find some good ones with Allsorts. There fee was for a personalised section of website which I assumed would be Spotlight but the fee didn't match the spotlight fee!

Will go ahead with the TTA audition and see what comes of it. Already seems much more professional than her current agency!
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

DD had offers from 3 of the agencies in the link. All very selective.

The only cost was Spotlight and one had a charge for headshots. They other two were happy to accept headshots from my own choice of photographer.

To be honest I see no point in having a section on the agent's website - casting directors use Spotlight. Also no interest in workshops etc unless you happen to be out in the sticks and can't access training in general.

Go for an agency that is highly selective, doesn't have too many children on their books (especially of the same age and look), who insists on seeing your child and who you have a good feeling about.
millsmum
Nominee

Post by millsmum »

To follow up...

She has attended auditions at Creative Kidz and Top Talent and we have PD Management and DeeBoss up coming.

Top Talent said no and Creative Kidz have said yes - just struggling to find out anything about them. I have to accept by today but not sure as the other two auditions are in the pipeline. She really liked the feel of Creative Kidz so thinking to accept and see how the year goes..

Any information on Creative Kidz gratefully accepted!
Selbyseren1974
Nominee

Post by Selbyseren1974 »

Hi. Did you choose one in the end ? Xx
millsmum
Nominee

Post by millsmum »

Yes my DD wanted to go with Creative Kids she really liked them and it's only a year and then can switch again if needed to so we are going to give them a try.

Haven't been able to find out much from other parents with them but will soon see for ourselves I guess.