Little correspondence- normal?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Zango11
BRIT Award

Little correspondence- normal?

Post by Zango11 »

Hi all! It's been a while since I've last posted :oops:

I signed with my first management about 3 weeks ago. My agent told me about a few jobs he was going to pitch me for and he recommended I updated my headshots and gave me great advice about my type and how to incorporate that into headshots etc. He also told me to keep doing what I'm doing, going to classes and networking.

So I've gotten the new headshots (was lucky the photographer had a cancellation!) I've been going to classes as normal and also received material for a short film I did a couple months ago so have updated the showreel.

About 2 weeks ago I sent my agent an update type email just to keep him in the loop with no reply and another one last week sending him my updated showreel. He hasn't replied to me and I'm just wondering is this normal? I know agents are busy people but I thought I would have had even a quick response especially as I haven't heard from him since I signed with them. I'm assuming I haven't got the auditions he tried pitching me for which is also okay, this industry is a marathon not a sprint!

Just wondering if little contact is normal and out of curiosity how long did it take you to get your first audition after you or your DC signed?

Thanks! :D