RKA

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

hopesanddreams
BRIT Award

RKA

Post by hopesanddreams »

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has recently been or is currently with RKA? And if so, could you give me an honest review of how they're like? Do they get regular castings, what kind of castings are they, etc..?

Would appreciate some extra info apart from what is on their website x
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Re: RKA

Post by TalyaB »

DS was with them for a while. He had a slow but steady stream of castings, not loads, but the ones he had seemed appropriate and they were always lovely to deal with. For self-tapes, they were also happy for him to go in and they'd do them if there was time, which was helpful. DS never actually got any of the parts though (he'd been in Matilda and Billy without an agent) and just before he turned 16 they decided to let him go, which was a bit disappointing as we'd hoped things might pick up. They were very approachable over discussing things like training/NYT too.
hopesanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by hopesanddreams »

TalyaB wrote:DS was with them for a while. He had a slow but steady stream of castings, not loads, but the ones he had seemed appropriate and they were always lovely to deal with. For self-tapes, they were also happy for him to go in and they'd do them if there was time, which was helpful. DS never actually got any of the parts though (he'd been in Matilda and Billy without an agent) and just before he turned 16 they decided to let him go, which was a bit disappointing as we'd hoped things might pick up. They were very approachable over discussing things like training/NYT too.
Thank you so much! What kind of castings were they, were they high profile castings?
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Mixture of feature films, TV, theatre - no adverts.
hopesanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by hopesanddreams »

TalyaB wrote:Mixture of feature films, TV, theatre - no adverts.
Thank you so much x
Bollywoodstar
Nominee

Post by Bollywoodstar »

DD was recently let go by them after a couple of years. No surprise really as we understand they are running a business although timing just before Xmas could have been better. Only about six auditions in that time so I think we all agree they were not right for her. In fact we were thinking of dropping them after the first twelve month after only having attended one audition but thought we would persist and then things picked up for a while. Agency is split into two with an adult and young performer section. Not sure how many kids they have on their books as the youth section is password protected. They do tend to only focus on meatier roles on stage, TV and film for their clients. The problem with their approach is when your little ones are starting off they need as much experience as possible of being on a set or on a stage to build confidence. They also put you forward with no prior warning and only after confirmation comes through do they let you know so it is a bit out of the blue and not sure how they would take it if you said you didn't want to attend or it wasn't right. Interaction wise they are Ok to deal with - the junior agent is lovely though. Fortunately DD already had another agent to fall back on who are great and have a fantastic reputation so not too many tears will be shed as we tuck into turkey and xmas pudding over the festive period. Personally you would be better off with an agency who specializes in developing and nurturing young talent exclusively (their words not mine) - but I totally agree. Happy hunting