Sylvia Young and manchester

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

whattodo
BRIT Award

Sylvia Young and manchester

Post by whattodo »

Hi

We've been invited to an agency audition with SY which my ds is thrilled about. However we are based in Manchester and on her website she states most of her castings are in London and South East.

Seeing as we are in Manchester does anyone know if she has castings this way or is her site correct also does she really favour school pupils???

Hero are also interested and I wondered if they were the same?
Thanks x
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Re: Sylvia Young and manchester

Post by Dogcop »

Hi. Dd is with SY agency and all castings are in London. However, that is because we live near London. Some of the spotlight castings are Manchester so I would imagine you would get sent to these. Ds went to the school and he seemed to think they favoured school pupils, so I guess the agency is ok if your child isn't school year 6-11, although if a child is very talented or gets lots of work they would have more submissions even if not at the school.
whattodo
BRIT Award

Post by whattodo »

Thanks for the reply. I think I may ring them today and ask them directly. There are quite a lot of castings up north now and if she only predominantly deals with south then it's a deal breaker for us I think sadly...
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

I think they will def be able to send you for the castings up North, so good luck! :D
whattodo
BRIT Award

Post by whattodo »

Well i spoke to a lovely lady at sy who said it was slim pickings for them north wise but south they had loads. She was very positive about my ds and said she would love him on their books but honestly we would be better with a good north and south agency. She said that the few kids she had north of london the castings were few and far between. She did recommendlots of acting schools north wise and a couple of agencies so i doubt we will go based on what she said :( such a shame as my ds was so thrilled. Wish they had a northern based place - everything seems to be down south!