Getting started?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

hsabell1
Nominee

Getting started?

Post by hsabell1 »

Hi all,

I am new to NAPM but have been following the forums for a few months now! I am 19 and recently considering trying to get into acting and I am unsure as to where to even begin! I am not from an acting family and have recently moved out for university. Home for me is Plymouth, meaning auditions for anything are few and far between, and I am in Liverpool for the rest of the year studying for my degree.

What I am really trying to ask is what can I do to start getting into acting? Should I try to get an agent in Liverpool, and if so, which agencies do you recommend? Any advice is really helpful as I feel like I am too old to really be considered for roles as I have no experience.

Thank you :)
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Re: Getting started?

Post by jennifer1972 »

Hello and welcome!

What are you studying? Are there any productions at university that you could get involved with? That might be a good place to start. Have a look for summer courses as well. Any local experience will help you get a taste of what it's all about. How about student films? Are there any students at your university making short films? Maybe you could ask around the media department. Good luck!!