Daisy And Dukes

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

barmby1234
BRIT Award

Daisy And Dukes

Post by barmby1234 »

I am considering applying to this agency for my son. He loves Musical Theatre and acting. He was with another agency but we left as we did not hear much from that one. I have seen some great reviews and just wondered if it is worth applying. I was undecided if to go with an agency as my son is 14 and busy at school. I suppose I am worried it will take too much time off school etc. And short notice castings may arise. We don't live near London. Any advice would be great.
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Daisy And Dukes

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Hiya,
We were with them for a short while and to be honest I can't complain we got a few castings, however it was just too stressful as you get short notice for auditions and like you we do not live close to London and when we couldn't make one (DS had violin exam) we got quite a ticking off. So we chose to leave as I was having palpitations every time my phone pinged with a text.
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

I've heard good things about this agency. It's prob more whether there is much work for 14 year olds to pay spotlight, agency pics etc - my 14 year old too tall for musicals now? It's a tricky age
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

I agree, 14 is such a tricky age and they change so much. I would be inclined to leave it for now, concentrate on school, look at amateur performances and start looking again age 16. A 14 year old will lose out to a 16 year old every time ](*,)
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

Did anyone attend the Daisy and Dukes agency auditions last weekend? Have you heard yet either way?
willowtree
Nominee

Post by willowtree »

My children did and we haven't heard anything yet. I was wondering if anyone else had heard yet as well...
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

Thanks willow tree - they had loads of kids there so I guess a lot of emails to organise
barmby1234
BRIT Award

Post by barmby1234 »

We just heard. No luck this time. In a way I'm relieved as I honestly don't know how we would of fitted it all in with school, violin, drama, etc. I was only told recently that the Duke Of Edinburgh Scheme starts soon. I'm not sure we could of given our full commitment just at the moment. Like other posts said we are better waiting a bit. Nice email though! I think..Lol
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

I think it just reflects how little is out there for that age group really and its sensible not to take your money when there isnt the work. Has your son thought about National Youth Musical Theatre? Or Musical Theatre MasterClass? Both quite a lot of money but good training?
willowtree
Nominee

Post by willowtree »

Sorry to hear that Barmby. I think newgirl is right about the age - it is a tricky one. I can understand it being a relief though as well - it is a huge commitment isn't it on top of everything else ! We still haven't heard anything...
Bohobabe71
Nominee

Post by Bohobabe71 »

We still haven't heard yet either, not sure if that's a good thing or not :?
willowtree
Nominee

Post by willowtree »

We still haven't heard either :?
Bohobabe71
Nominee

Post by Bohobabe71 »

No news is good news i suppose but they're certainly taking their time :x
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

So I heard back for our youngest - it was a considered email saying what dd would be good for and not so good for - that might be why the emails are taking some time! I like that though as it shows they are managing expectations. Lot's to think about.
Bohobabe71
Nominee

Post by Bohobabe71 »

Ah that's good, are you going to go with them? We're still waiting, i'm starting to give up hope.