Agencies and working/Tagmin help

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Brighterthanstars
BRIT Award

Agencies and working/Tagmin help

Post by Brighterthanstars »

Hi NAPM,
Wondering if anyone else uses Tagmin with their agencies, and if so what kind of things they put under 'not available'. For example I have a part time job on Saturdays which I don't know if they remember from my meeting with them- should I put that in? What other things do you put in?
And does anyone else work a part-time job with auditions? (I'm 17) How do you work around that, and what do agents generally think about it.

I feel as though having this job might not be the done thing and I just don't want to do anything that will annoy my agent/ become impossible to juggle, so any help would be welcome. ](*,)

Thanks for your help!
B xx
If you think that you're too small to make an impact, try sleeping with a mosquito in the room.
Fitz
Nominee

Re: Agencies and working/Tagmin help

Post by Fitz »

I would think that most young actors 17 and up have part-time jobs to support their acting so wouldn't worry about it too much.

That said, I think most castings are in the week rather than weekend so it won't be a problem.

And unless you definitely wouldn't be able to swap shifts or take paid/ unpaid holiday at short notice if an audition comes up, I wouldn't put it on tagmin. I think tagmin would generally be for times when your availability could not be changed, e.g. holiday abroad, exam dates, other acting work etc.

If it's something you discussed at your initial meeting with the agent and they still took you on, it's probably best to have a chat with them and ask their advice.
Brighterthanstars
BRIT Award

Thanks Fitz! That's very helpful. I've emailed my agent to ask her for her take on it :)
If you think that you're too small to make an impact, try sleeping with a mosquito in the room.
amanda08
BRIT Award

Post by amanda08 »

Hi. My sons agent says only to put things on there that you absolutely wound not cancel for an audition. So if you can swap shifts and miss work I would not put it on there, but if that would not be possible and would risk your job, then I would add it. Hope that helps
Brighterthanstars
BRIT Award

thanks for your help amanda08! :D

spoke to my agent and they said that Saturdays aren't generally that busy for castings anyway, but to put it in Tagmin incase just so they know about it.