Imperium or Top Talent?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

pizzatray
Nominee

Imperium or Top Talent?

Post by pizzatray »

My DC has had offers of representation from both Imperium and Top Talent, we liked both and can see advantages/disadvantages with one being small and mostly adults and the other large and very experienced with children but with more on the books. They both seem to have actors previously in good parts. Imperium slightly more costly for photos and commission although they have communicated in a more personal way so far which I like.

I know it's nice to have the choice but really struggling to make the decision! DC also liked both but happy to go with my decision and I'm on the fence. I thought I'd ask for recommendations on here before I flip a coin. Child is pre-teen, interested in small parts in films and TV rather than West End, intends to go to drama school if that helps. Should we just go with the cheapest since they are both good?

Thanks in advance!
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Imperium or Top Talent?

Post by ScoobyDoo »

What do you mean by cheapest? Do you mean their percentages if they get your DC work?
pizzatray
Nominee

Post by pizzatray »

Hi Scoobydoo, yes that's exactly what I mean, there's a difference in percentage commission.

Thanks for your reply, do you have any recommendations? I'm in a pickle.
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

As long as there are no upfront payments :) I would go with the one that you feel most comfortable with and make sure you are not too tied in, in case you feel it is not right for you after all so you can then leave.
pizzatray
Nominee

Post by pizzatray »

Thanks Scoobydoo, both just have a cost for photos and spotlight, hardly anything in it. I suppose it's a happy decision to make as they both seem good, it feels like an important decision that I could easily get wrong though. My child is happy to go with either, really.

Thanks for listening :)
Kiwiland
Nominee

Post by Kiwiland »

My dd has just had her first year with Top Talent and is renewing the contract this weekend. I have found them to be fab, you get as much information as they can give you, they have only ever sent her to castings that she is suitable for and the guys in the office are friendly and helpful. Contact tends to be by text and email but it is a small office and they are very busy so it works well. My dd is 9 and has been to quite a few castings and had two commercial jobs. All in all I would recommend them.
pizzatray
Nominee

Post by pizzatray »

Thanks Kiwiland, that's really helpful :)
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

We are with Top Talent - lots of castings inc film, to, commercials and musicals - all were suitable for my kids though didn't get most of them! Did get a couple of good things though. I think they are very busy, get lots kids in things but maybe could do more to help kids prepare for musicals etc - fact is agents make more money from commercials than theatre so that will be the focus
littleric14
BRIT Award

Post by littleric14 »

We left a smaller agency and joined TT last year.We've had more Auditions with TT all seem suitable for my dd with one confirmed commercial.It's not as personal as a small agency but very professional and when I've called always been helpful.
I was in your place last year,it was so hard but so far so good.
Go with your gutt
pizzatray
Nominee

Post by pizzatray »

Thanks Littleric and Newgirl, all very helpful. We let DC have the final choice in the end and they agreed with my gut so that's good!