How selective is this agency?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Tinytoes
Nominee

How selective is this agency?

Post by Tinytoes »

My 5 year old little one auditioned and has been offered a place with Daisy & Dukes agency - I have read some really good reviews on the agency but was wondering if anyone can advise how selective they are? The reason I ask is that we had a bad experience with Bizzykidz when starting out and didn't get a single casting over 6months, which in my opinion was because they have such a huge number of children on their books. We have since had 2 good commercial castings in the 3 months we have been with our current agency but hoping Daisy & Dukes might be even better.. Thanks for any advice! x
tracie
BRIT Award

Re: How selective is this agency?

Post by tracie »

my advice would be to find out how many children are in the agency before deciding anything. Your current one sounds good if you have had 2 good castings. Why would you look for somewhere else. All the Agencys will get the same brief for castings. My son was with 2 really big Agencies one was up north and the other down south and it was awful, I find the bigger the agency the worse it can be. My son is with a wonderful Agency in Manchester now and for the first time I can relax as they truly do look after their clients. Some people will come on and say Daisy and Duke are fantastic, others might say the opposite, I think you need to find out as much as you can about them and trust your gut instinct. Are you very unhappy with the Agency you are with???