Byrons Management

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

swanny
GRAMMY Award

Byrons Management

Post by swanny »

Has anyone had experience of Byrons management please.
Thinking about them A and J and Sylvia Young
Which would you go for?
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Re: Byrons Management

Post by FredaBloggs »

DS (10) has been with Byron's for about 18 months, and we have found them to be very good. DS has mostly had theatre auditions, with a smattering of TV, film and commercials - all for what I would consider to be "good-quality" productions. They regularly have a handful of kids in the big WE shows. When not working, DS has had 2-3 auditions a month, on average. Communication is good. I like the fact that they manage adults as well as children, so DS can continue with them when older if he wants to. From conversations I have had with casting directors and theatre management staff, Byron's seems well-regarded in the industry. I can't comment personally on the other 2 agencies, but I can definitely recommend Byron's.
Amandapanda
BRIT Award

Post by Amandapanda »

Have you been accepted by AJ or SY? They are very hard to get in. You can see the kids on AJ site and they don't have many. SY often have kids on jobs who only use SY kids. I know of several kids with good experience who didn't get into either, that's how picky they are
Don't know much about Byrons but I think they have a theatre school in North London connected to them so probably have quite a few kids on their books from there. Good luck choosing :)
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Post by FredaBloggs »

Byron's does have links to a performing arts school in north London (both were founded by the same woman), but they are 2 separate entities and children don't need to attend the school to be taken on by the agency (DS doesn't, and he isn't the only one). I don't know how many children they have on their books, but I don't get the impression it is hundreds. They seem quite choosy - there are no fees to join (just Spotlight entry), they only take commission, so there is no incentive to take on children they don't think will find work.

I can't comment on the other agencies you mention, but I like the fact that Byron's is discreet about the children's "footprint" on their website - no access to details or pictures of the children on their books, and they rarely add pictures of children to Twitter or website when announcing that a child has been cast in something.