SCREAM or smaller agency?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

missmolly123
Nominee

SCREAM or smaller agency?

Post by missmolly123 »

Hi

just wondering if anyone is noticing that scream are becoming less personable... just generic emails for castings, No phonecalls, far less castings and the ones emailed all seem to be in London now with less than a couple hours notice! Payments taking longer and longer too....
We have been really successful with them to be fair and my child has had lots of work - but we are thinking of moving now and have been looking at other agencies. Lime are interested as are Mark Jermin (but again look a large agency) but i wonder are there other agencies out there that I'm missing????

Thanks
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Re: SCREAM or smaller agency?

Post by Panda »

My DS was with Mark Jermin and we found them great, plenty of castings North and South for everything from TV commercials to stage, film and TV. Very personable, always rang with castings. I liked the two workshops a year they had to see the kids and how they had changed and any new hobbies/interests. They were always very quick to answer e.mails etc. If you've been invited to the January workshop I'd go along and if he gets offered a place see how you feel.
missmolly123
Nominee

Post by missmolly123 »

thanks for that - i was hoping some fellow or ex scream clients would come forward. The more people i have spoken to the more people seem unhappy with their admin. Also do any other agencies charge you as the client vat?
we have left anyway now as i wasn't very happy at all so we will see what happens in the new year!
tracie
BRIT Award

Post by tracie »

Just seen this thread so thought I would mention that we were once with Scream and left for various reasons one being admin. We are now with a much smaller agency and so happy, makes you realise what agencys should be like.
richard1233
Nominee

Post by richard1233 »

My daughters were with scream in Manchester, the last thing they did as a group to show parents what they were up to was an embarrassment , we left and joined MMY totally brilliant.
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

My DD has been with Scream for 3 years now, and I honestly have nothing bad to say about them. DD is very close to all of the agents, and speaks to them very regularly. She has tons of auditions for high profile work, TV, Film, commercials, stage, and has just finished filming a feature film and a guest lead in a BBC soap. She is however 19, not sure how old your DC's are, perhaps if younger thats why you all seem to be having different experiences?

Just trying to share from a different perspective :D

Mel xx
missmolly123
Nominee

Post by missmolly123 »

Scream are not what they were! my son had done amazing work with them but this has become nothing - no auditions only what he has got himself. There is something very odd going on with them! an accounts department that won't take calls, an agency that won't speak to you anymore - its all very off! I'm so glad we have left - it was bordering on ridiculous
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

My standard reply - it still stands:

My DS is with Scream - has been for 6 years. Some people have issues with the annual charge (about £25 I think) and the 'refresher workshops' which are twice a year and are £22 but the % they take seems to compare quite well with other agents. In 6 years DS has worked for - CBBC, Sky, CITV, Nick Jnr, Radio 4 & Disney; he has done TV, theatre, commercials, radio plays and other stuff. He has by no means worked continually (nor would we wish him to) but he has had a fairly successful career,

The Scream Team are lovely people - DS's agent regularly texts or calls to see how we are (even when he's not working), knows the family, comes to see DS on stage, on set etc.

I have no experience of other agents so I can't do other than give my impression of Scream - I can't compare them with others. I do know that in a 20 week filming run last year, with over 15 actors, only 1 person's agent came to see them on set and that was DS's. Still - I hope this helps. Feel free to DM if you have a specific question.
Dodger'smum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dodger'smum »

I think every agency, somewhere, has someone who could come up with something negative to say about them. Look how happy everyone seems to be with Top Talent but our experience with them was a complete nightmare. It's life I guess - you can please some of the people some of the time....
Northernkids
GRAMMY Award

Post by Northernkids »

We were with a small agency for my DD for a few years she did get some auditions but only booked a small advert. We moved to a larger Manchester one [not Scream]. She has since booked a BBC drama, a corporate job and now a big well paid Ad. She has also had a lot more auditions but is also at Uni. I think it might just be that she's now at the over 16 age group so more castings available but it could be that the agency has a better name with CD's either waythe move has been good for her. :D she left on good terms with her old Agent which I think is a good idea.