Ology Agency

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

barmby1234
BRIT Award

Ology Agency

Post by barmby1234 »

Hi

Is Ology an agency that deals with mainly TV commercials or does it also involve Musical Theatre and films etc. Are there specific agencies for Musical Theatre. Wanted to try Mark Jermin but negative responses to this agency.
swanny
GRAMMY Award

Re: Ology Agency

Post by swanny »

For most musical theatre in London you don't need an agent- you can apply direct yourself- See jo Hawes website
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
barmby1234
BRIT Award

Post by barmby1234 »

We don't live in London and I know a lot of auditions need to be a certain distance from London. I am wondering if there are other similar musical theatre auditions etc away from london. If that makes sense!
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

Ology dont do musical theatre thats the one thing that put us off them- we went to their assessment and my daughter was accepted but they stated its just modelling/tv/tvc but no theatre xx
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

Post by Ellie8989899301 »

I am thinking of applying to Ology and was wondering if someone could explain how they work; do they submit everyone on their books who fits the brief for each role or do they forward breakdowns to you to decide if you wish to be submitted?

Thank you.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

No they dont forward you the briefs at Ology they just submit everyone who fits the brief- the only exception is for really short notice castings like same day or if the castings are in the south if your based in the north and in that case they will txt you a quick summary of what dates you would need to be free and sometimes the pay and ask if you want to be sumitted and you have a set period of time (usually not very long like 15 mins!) to reply. X
Dodger'smum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dodger'smum »

barmby1234 wrote:We don't live in London and I know a lot of auditions need to be a certain distance from London. I am wondering if there are other similar musical theatre auditions etc away from london. If that makes sense!
Keep an eye on professional theatres "local" to you as they will put out open audition invitations for visiting shows requiring children. This time of year is good for panto auditions too if your DCs are into that.

Without Curve Theatre in Leicester and the Theatre Royal in Nottingham, DS's CV would be short of about 8 professional shows including The King and I with Janie Dee and Gypsy with Caroline O'Connor over the years. Just finished a run in Oliver which was cast by Jo Hawes, so there are tendrils coming out of London now, a lot more than there used to be so times are slowly changing for those of us not lucky enough to live within what I call the 'magical M25'.

PS I'll also add that am dram in smaller theatres is fantastic experience and great fun too x