Daisy & Dukes and CS Management

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Notaclue
BRIT Award

Daisy & Dukes and CS Management

Post by Notaclue »

Hi there,
Would really appreciate any help. Any thoughts on either of these agencies, how do they compare? I have searched through the thread, unfortunately not finding anything on CS Management, says the words are too common. Anyone know anything about them? Thanks in advance x
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: Daisy & Dukes and CS Management

Post by Irishdancer »

CS are a very small agency do well with younger children they don't do extra work. Think Daisy and Dukes is a bigger agency and do extra work and featured work. Go and see both and see which agent you get on best who you think you will be able to talk to. Good luck
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

I know of lots of people who are very happy with D&D. Don't know anything about CS.
Mamadetres
GRAMMY Award

Post by Mamadetres »

D&D are a larger agency with an emphasis on stills, extras work, CS smaller, but they will both get the same breakdowns from Spotlight so it just whether you want to be in a big agency or not good luck
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Mamadetres wrote:D&D are a larger agency with an emphasis on stills, extras work
I'm not sure why you say this. A few of my friends' children are with D&D and they get acting auditions - quite a few have had good parts, though obviously that's not down to the agency. See their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Daisy-Dukes-Lt ... 6/?fref=ts
Notaclue
BRIT Award

Post by Notaclue »

Thank you so much for the replies. I am still a little confused, if CS do not do extra work, does that mean that they concentrate on acting roles instead and what is better? I am new to this! If DD are bigger does that mean more internal competition and the chances of being submitted lower? Irish Dancer you mentioned that CS was for younger children, what sort of age group do they have? Thank you again x
Mamadetres
GRAMMY Award

Post by Mamadetres »

@TaylorB I say this because they are one of the leading child modelling agencies. They also do submit children for castings like other agents
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Thanks, @mamadetres - I hadn't even realized they were a modelling agency.
bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Post by bethjaneg »

We are with D&D and have never had any castings for stills (I know we were submitted for one but that's it) we have however had castings for films, WE musicals, promos, TVC's etc. Don't discount the extra work as my son was the only child extra on what is due to be a very high profile project filming with a leading actress. He got to work closely with her and learnt tons. DS2 is at a nice casting today through D&D. Both my DC have secured lovely jobs through them and I recommend them very highly indeed.
jnrshenton
BRIT Award

Post by jnrshenton »

I have to agree with bethjaneg, I am not aware of D&D being one of the leading child modelling agencies. They are one of the top ten child agencies that supply for theatre (west-end), musical theatre, TV, feature films and shorts. Yes, they do put children forward for mdoelling, but i would say that Acting is their main emphasise.

Notaclue - i would go through as many posts on here are you can and read, read, read! There are many agencies and what is great for one may not be great for another, it's simply a case of having a go.

You can't go wrong with grabbing a cuppa, putting your feet up and reading through NAPM - best of luck!
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

DD is with D&D and I cannot recommend them highly enough. They are DD's third agent and are fantastic. Since Xmas I would estimate she has had on average an audition/casting at least every 2 weeks. They have included everything from commercials, to west end theatre, and both major and smaller films. They also respond to all emails within 1-2 days.
Highly recommend.
Notaclue
BRIT Award

Post by Notaclue »

Thank you so much ladies - one more question, anyone know how large D & Ds are? How many children do they have in each age group approximately?
Many thanks x