Do I change to Mark Jermin? Experiences please!

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Chilli
BRIT Award

Do I change to Mark Jermin? Experiences please!

Post by Chilli »

Just wondering about applying DS to MJ Management. He has only ever been represented by his current agent. She was wonderful and it was a small personal agency. DS was called for lots of audition/casting opportunities which we regularly travelled to London for. The agency has grown and, whilst still not on the scale of MJM at all, he has not been called for months now. I understand this happens a lot so not complaining about that at all BUT she was very honest in saying that sometimes with more local opportunities, she wouldn't always receive the details for them as some productions purely use local agencies. This rings true in touring theatre/musicals to hit our area as his drama school is the base of supplying children for the majority of them and DS has been lucky enough to perform in several. His agency has recently changed hands/management as she has stepped away from the industry after many years. I have every faith the new people totally know what they're doing but I do worry about him missing out on castings closer to home. MJ is the closest (and only) agency to our area other than modelling which isn't what we are after. I, myself, am in an agency purely for supporting artists/extras and we get a lot of opportunities based mainly around Bristol and Cardiff. We are the sole agency used (for SA's) for quite a lot of productions here and Cardiff Bay BBC studios is home to some big name tv sows including Casualty and Dr Who. It seems whenever there are children on set, they have more often than not come from Mark Jermin. I've read some threads on here, and overall their reputation doesn't seem great, but would really appreciate it if anyone has any first hand experience. Many thanks.
littleric14
BRIT Award

Re: Do I change to Mark Jermin? Experiences please!

Post by littleric14 »

Hi we were with MJM for a year but left as it was too big for us.they get some great opportunities but it always felt like the Welsh side were mainly extras and the London side got the bigger opportunities. I'm sure that was just our perception but when I tried to talk to them they were rude and unhelpful.
You have to go with your gut and speak to them.
Pm me if you want to chat.
Chilli
BRIT Award

Post by Chilli »

Thanks so much. I will pm you now. :)
Kez
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kez »

We are happy with MJM. They start you with commercials then build on from there.Well that has been with my dd 11. :D
thereishope
Nominee

Post by thereishope »

I was with them for 3 years and got a few auditions but because they are SO big you become a number it seems . Unless you get success after the first few auditions they give up on you.
MJM does Benefit many though! I was 15/16/17 when I was with them.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

MJM is very big think a lot of his kids who where in Dr Who and Casualty where probably extras. What age is your child if between the age of 13 and 16 directors tend to use actors who are 16 and out of licence age they do not have to get licencd, why not phone up agent and have a talk and see what is going on. Good luck hope you make the rite decision