Agency auditions

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

hwalken
Nominee

Agency auditions

Post by hwalken »

Hi everyone, does anyone know what agencies are opening their books soon for auditions in the next 3 months. I have been thinking about this for a while, but not actually done anything about it. It's about time I got my backside in gear. Happy to listen to all suggestions pls
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: Agency auditions

Post by Irishdancer »

Most acting agents don't close there books you can apply any time think model and extra agents close there books
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

You are best off doing a lot of reading on here and elsewhere and collating a list of reputable agencies and then looking at each one as they may well have different times when their books are open :)
Sophalice
BRIT Award

Post by Sophalice »

Hello, both my children are with Top Talent Agency, and they are both currently in London productions and have each done loads of things in the past few years with TT. The agency has 2 auditions dates for prospective candidates to go on their books and they take children and adults on. The auditions are in Feb: one on 18 feb at Pineapple dance studio in Covent Garden and one on sunday 23rd Feb in The Hatfield Forum. Hope that helps. :D
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Post by sophiesocks »

Daisy & Dukes are having auditions soon
hwalken
Nominee

Post by hwalken »

Oh wow, thank you! Do I just send in an email direct to them? or do I need to call?
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

I'd advise you to do a bit of research. Put your feet up with a cuppa and work your way through all the threads in this forum - there is a ton of useful info that will help you to make your choices.

There are many good agencies around, so take a look at their websites and have a good think about what sort of agency would suit your DC. What suits one will not suit another.

You'll soon find out how each one likes to receive applications. Usually, they ask for a brief CV and headshot (not a professional one - you can take it yourself) by email.

Be very suspicious of any agency that asks for money up front beyond a fee to cover Spotlight and the cost of getting photos done (and they should offer you the option of getting these yourself, although it's often easier to go to their nominated photographer). Occasionally there is a tiny admin fee, but if anything else starts to show up, or it heads into hundreds of pounds, run away!!!

Good luck - let us know how you get on

Deb x
Sophalice
BRIT Award

Post by Sophalice »

Oh wow, thank you! Do I just send in an email direct to them? or do I need to call?

I think you go on to Top Talent's website and it says email them I think first. I don't think you just turn up, i think you have to contact them first. Good luck!!
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

You will need to look at the agencies websites as each may slightly differ in how they wish people to apply.