Advice needed!!!!

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

melingram27
Nominee

Advice needed!!!!

Post by melingram27 »

Reaaalllyy need some advice, Norrie Carr have accepted my son on to their books, however I have just been emailed by Sylvia Young Agency for an audition on the same day that he has a photoshoot with Norrie Carr, now do i stick with Norrie Carr or go for the audition with Sylvia Young??? My son is 4....any advice???
jollyjelly
GRAMMY Award

Re: Advice needed!!!!

Post by jollyjelly »

Norrie Carr are a model agency are they not? and Sylvia Young a Talent Agency/School, so correct me if I've wrong any other NAPMers, but you can have both if the are representing the separate disciplines.

JJ x
TomS
GRAMMY Award

Post by TomS »

Last edited by TomS on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer a registered user
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

TomS wrote:Like what they said, two very different agencies - does your son want to perform or model? from what I gather it's not easy to get into Sylvia Young so if you have an opportunity and he is a performer then go for it. My daughter showed a real desire and ability to perform when she was 4 and looking back I probably should have done something for her sooner, she was 8 by the time we became pushy parents.
I think supportive is a more appropriate term in your case TomS. :)
TomS
GRAMMY Award

Post by TomS »

Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

If you have the chance to audition for SY's agency then you should go, they will have far more opportunities for commercials/tv/film/theatre work than Norrie Carr could offer you and you'd only be paying spotlight and photographic fees.
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

jollyjelly wrote:Norrie Carr are a model agency are they not? and Sylvia Young a Talent Agency/School, so correct me if I've wrong any other NAPMers, but you can have both if the are representing the separate disciplines.

JJ x
SY are sole representation so do not think they'd allow you being with another agent.
jollyjelly
GRAMMY Award

Post by jollyjelly »

Dwafffamily wrote:
jollyjelly wrote:Norrie Carr are a model agency are they not? and Sylvia Young a Talent Agency/School, so correct me if I've wrong any other NAPMers, but you can have both if the are representing the separate disciplines.

JJ x
SY are sole representation so do not think they'd allow you being with another agent.

Sorry Dwafffamily and anyone else if I got it wrong and offended anyone. I'll keep my mouth shut in future :( :( but I was under the impression that, as I said, even tho' SY are sole agents, they are also not a modelling agency which Norrie Carr are..... last time I'll be posting on here am afraid. All the very best everyone.

JJ x
TomS
GRAMMY Award

Post by TomS »

melingram27
Nominee

Post by melingram27 »

Hey everyone thanks for your replies, i think im going to puch back the photoshoot with Norrie Carr and let him go for the audition with SY and see what we like best, I think he would prefer acting and not many auditions come up with SY so that will be an experience in itself :D
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

jollyjelly wrote:last time I'll be posting on here am afraid. All the very best everyone.
I hope it won't be the last time you post jollyjelly. I think you have read something into something somewhere that no-one intended (or indeed, said). Could you perhaps read back through the thread and re-consider? (Unless you really have had enough of NAPM of course!).
jollyjelly
GRAMMY Award

Post by jollyjelly »

pg wrote:
jollyjelly wrote:last time I'll be posting on here am afraid. All the very best everyone.
I hope it won't be the last time you post jollyjelly. I think you have read something into something somewhere that no-one intended (or indeed, said). Could you perhaps read back through the thread and re-consider? (Unless you really have had enough of NAPM of course!).

Hi PG. I'm afraid I read Dwafffamily's comment with reference to my post as quite negative
"SY are sole representation so do not think they'd allow you being with another agent."
.....when I had clearly said in my first response
"correct me if I've wrong any other NAPMers"
In general I have found NAPM a fantastic support and source of camaraderie. Apologies everyone.

JJ x
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Gosh - that doesn't seem negative to me at all!

It's just putting forward an alternative view.

You did say, "correct me if I'm wrong" - so isn't that what was (quite gently) happening? suggesting that what you had said might not be the case? Dwaffamily did say "I do not think".

NAPM is a great source of support and cameraderie - so I would think that it's usually safe to assume that no-one is out to upset anyone. It is sometimes easy to misinterpret tone on the internet.

Anyway - I hope you will stick around (and continue to post :D ) if you find it useful.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I 'read' it the same as PG

It's easy to misunderstand 'written' I think especially on-line (or texts)
jollyjelly
GRAMMY Award

Post by jollyjelly »

Sorry, pg, (and everyone else) - guess i'm just a bit touchy at the moment.... Course I'll be sticking around.

JJ x