license forms

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

license forms

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

hi my daughter is being represented by BoBe and we're currently filling in her license forms, however her doctor is charging £50 to sign her medical form!!!has anyone else encountered this? grr £50 for a signature!! i also wondered if anyone has had any trouble getting schools to sign this year with the new rule coming in about having days off! i havnt tackled them yet! x
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Re: license forms

Post by lyndahill »

Our doctor charged £15 this time, nothing the last time and £10 first time!! £50 is rather a lot to pay. The schools new absence policy relates to holidays in term time and not so much performances and other special occasions, but check with your school. They are allowed to give children time off for special circumstances and at our school, performances falls under that category, but each school will be different.
michbv
GRAMMY Award

Post by michbv »

Hi,
Our school classes it as an eduvational trip off site. Although, they also take into account if the child is struggling at school and if it would impact on their results.
Good luck and well done! =D>

www.starnow.co.uk/adambeaver
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Ours charges £25 sometimes, other times nothing,but we never actually see the doctor - just put in a request.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

us too - we pay £24 (can have more than one child on the form) and they never want to see them.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Outs charges £5 a time for the certificate. He doesn't see DD but doesn't need to as she is relentlessly healthy and has barely visited the doctor for anything more than routine jabs etc throughout her life.

I provide the blank certificate, they sign, date and stamp it. Job done.

Deb
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

How long are they valid? Can you use the same certificate to apply for 2 or 3 different licenses, for example, within a few weeks of each other?
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

A doctors note is valid for 6 months so can used for all jobs within that time period.
poohstix
BRIT Award

Post by poohstix »

Sadly doctors can charge whatever they like for a letter, wev'e been lucky and had ours free. Some schools will happily sign part 3 of the license (our primary did) which is great. New Secondary won't so have to get permission each time which is going to be far more difficult as you have no access to the HT and have to hand in forms then wait for him to decide whether they'll authorise it or not. I think this is going to be a pain and will miss out on jobs as won't get authorisation in time. If the job is licensed the new rules about not allowing time off aren't relevant as this comes under a different code.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

thanka for your help everyone! how annoying its only a signature tey dont even need to see her because she was seen in june!how annoying! its almost doubling the cost of my license :/. ahhh well guess il just have to pay it but might move doctors after that cz im not paying that every 6 months! fingers crosed on school signing, the lad who plays simon in corrie goes to her school and hets time off so im optimistic lol xx
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

When my DD first started this sort of work the letters were £15, now our council have their own printed form which only needs a GP signature and surgery stamp and it costs £30! Lasts 6 months. Luckily my DD is at a very supportive secondary school, however her primary school were only supportive upto the end of yr 5 and were funny about her working during yr6.

Good luck to your DD.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

yay! school have signed it no questions asked!yay! they were even like "oh yes i can see how she'd fit in at an agency!!"(shes really bubbly&loud) lol phew!
just doctors being a pain in the bum then!)x
George'smum
BRIT Award

Post by George'smum »

Having dropped the agency medical form off at the doctors the other day the receptionist has now called and said I have to make an appointment for the doctor to see my ds as on the form it says 'has been examined' and he won't sign until he has been. Instead of £10 for a quick signature it's now going to cost £45. I thought it was just to show that there was no pre-existing condition? Not sure what he's going to be checking if we go ahead with the examination. Anyone else had this happen?
quietattheback
GRAMMY Award

Post by quietattheback »

hi

my GP just added a handwritten note saying... 'information gained from the patients notes, i have not examined the patient' clearly just to cover herself. Maybe you could suggest they do that?

£45 is just silly for a piece of paper!
George'smum
BRIT Award

Post by George'smum »

Thanks, I'll try that.