Agency Dilemma

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

possiblypushy
GRAMMY Award

Agency Dilemma

Post by possiblypushy »

My ds has recently been taken on by a respected talent agency (Top Talent) - and we are really happy. We are due to go down to Hertfordshire on Sunday to have headshots taken and to hand over the necessary forms. All well and good...
Then, this morning, I received an email from another very well-respected agency - Daisy and Dukes. By coincidence, they want to see my ds at a group audition in Hertfordshire!
Timings are not a problem; we could easily do both the audition and the photoshoot.
But should I do both? Is one agency that much better than another? Or am I tying myself up in knots over a non-problem?
Just to clarify, I'm not presuming that D+D will take on my ds, but I just want to find out if other NAPMs think it is worth attending the group audition or if I should just stick with the first agency.

I'd love to know what other NAPMs would do.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Agency Dilemma

Post by riverdancefan »

I think they are both fairly similar so I personally would stick with the one that took your DS first and give them a chance, you would probably tie yourself up in decisions you don't need to make at the moment :D :D
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
possiblypushy
GRAMMY Award

Post by possiblypushy »

Thanks Riverdancefan, I really appreciate your advice. I think your answer is what I wanted to hear - neither agency has a major advantage over the other so it would be a waste of time to pursue both.

Thanks again x
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

possiblypushy wrote:Thanks Riverdancefan, I really appreciate your advice. I think your answer is what I wanted to hear - neither agency has a major advantage over the other so it would be a waste of time to pursue both.

Thanks again x
here's to castings galore \:D/ \:D/

you are welcome

x
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
coniger
BRIT Award

Post by coniger »

my son is going to get his head shots done for Top Talent on Sunday too. just have to remember all the pieces of paper! see you there

Con x
possiblypushy
GRAMMY Award

Post by possiblypushy »

Hi Con,

Thanks for the message - I've sent you a pm.

Maria x