Agents - interesting and maybe useful info

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

paulears
BAFTA Award

Agents - interesting and maybe useful info

Post by paulears »

I don't know if anyone remembers Wayne Dobson the magician - he's not been performing for over 10 years now because he has MS and is in a wheelchair - but he still writes books for magicians and develops new tricks and illusions.

He was asked about agents, and remembering all the previous topics on this subject, I thought I'd copy his advice here - as it seems to apply to not just magicians - but they have the same questions!
how many times have you heard a magician say , “I need to get a good agent/manager – how do I find one?” The answer is simple – you don’t find an agent/manager, they will find you – I promise. If you put yourself out there. They are desperate to get new talent that they feel is of use to them. When opportunity meets preparation you are ready to take the next step, there is nothing worse than being given an opportunity and you are not ready – you never get a second chance to make a first impression!
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: Agents - interesting and maybe useful info

Post by CatKat_0 »

Sounds like good advice - such a shame though to be such a talented magician and have it stolen away by ill health. Sometimes life really sucks.