A&J management

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

triple threat
BRIT Award

A&J management

Post by triple threat »

Hi NAPM O:)
Does anyone have experience with or know about a&j management?
What are there basic rates( what percentage do they take?) Do they charge for extra things? Are they good/friendly?
Any useful info would be much appreciated!
Thanks [-o<
triple threat - the actor, singer and dancer.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: A&J management

Post by CatKat_0 »

We are with them and think they're great. Fees only for website update which is annual and for spotlight. We have had plenty of opportunities with them, and some positive results. Very friendly and always give as much information ahead of time as they can. I wish they would put on some workshops like some of the others though, as sometimes I think we miss out.
triple threat
BRIT Award

Post by triple threat »

CatKat_0 wrote:We are with them and think they're great. Fees only for website update which is annual and for spotlight. We have had plenty of opportunities with them, and some positive results. Very friendly and always give as much information ahead of time as they can. I wish they would put on some workshops like some of the others though, as sometimes I think we miss out.
Thanks! Do you know what the website fee is?
triple threat - the actor, singer and dancer.
Ladymuck
BRIT Award

Post by Ladymuck »

Where are A&J based? Do they take people out of London? I'm Brighton based.
Fruitcake
GRAMMY Award

Post by Fruitcake »

They take people from anywhere, saying that if they are prepared to travel to auditions then that's fine with them.
Don't count your chickens until the contract's in your hand!
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

The website fee is around £90 per year but that includes photography!
The commission is 20%
They do take people from outside London as long as you are willing to get in for auditions.
They are fantastic in my opinion as well and very friendly!
Goglehat
BRIT Award

Post by Goglehat »

How do I get in contact with them about applying to be with them as there are a lot of different contact numbers on the site!
Sometimes you dont realise the value of a moment until it becomes a memory

http://www.youtube.com/user/clubkidsj?feature=mhee
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

You could always email them at the info@ address. Otherwise, just call the first number on the Contact Us page - I'm sure they will let you know if it's not the right one.
jmartin
BRIT Award

Post by jmartin »

To join do you have to pay £90 a year, I'm really confused? :L
Even if you're little you can do a lot you mustn't let a little thing like little stop you!!(:
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

You pay £90 per year to be on the website which includes free professional photography each year.
jmartin
BRIT Award

Post by jmartin »

wissymo wrote:You pay £90 per year to be on the website which includes free professional photography each year.
ok thank you. do you have to pay to be on the website though? and what do you think should be included in application?
Even if you're little you can do a lot you mustn't let a little thing like little stop you!!(:
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

Im not sure if you Have to be on the website!
I suppose you could ask in your application.
I would send in a good photo with a covering letter and your cv :)
jmartin
BRIT Award

Post by jmartin »

wissymo wrote:Im not sure if you Have to be on the website!
I suppose you could ask in your application.
I would send in a good photo with a covering letter and your cv :)
Ok, thanks. :D . Does the photo have to be professional? Because I only have 1 professional one (from stagecoach agency) but I look really young;)..
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

A photograph for agency application does not have to be taken by a professional photographer but ideally it needs to be professional looking.

It should be recent, head and shoulders, you looking into the camera lens, neutral background. Ideally, no hands in shot, no trees growing out of the top of your head :D etc.

If you look at a site like Casting Call Pro - you can see lots of actors' headshots. You can ask someone to take a photograph in that style.

Often, taking a photo outside can be very effective and natural and you don't need to worry about lighting. A slightly overcast day can be better than a sunny one.

A tip for getting a good photo is to try to imagine you are looking through the camera lens, rather than at it. Imagine there is someone on the other side that you know well. Imagine you have an interesting bit of news that you are going to tell your friend later. It can help your eyes to come alive!

The absolutely vital thing is that it looks like you - as you normally are.
jmartin
BRIT Award

Post by jmartin »

Is it any easy agency to get into? Looking into applying but I don't want to be disappointed if I get a rejection again:)