Change Agencies?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

KatAnderson
Nominee

Change Agencies?

Post by KatAnderson »

My daughter has been with On It Artists since February 2010 and since then she has only had 2 auditions - one when she was first signed up and another she had to miss due to a GCSE exam. She's 15 and looks older so it is probably just that she doesn't fit any parts but we have been pondering on contacting other agencies asking about representing her too. No contract was signed but can you be represented by more than 1 agency? Any advice please? x
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Re: Change Agencies?

Post by Flosmom »

Being represented by more than one agency is tricky - you may end up paying more in fees to agents than you earn.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be having a frank talk with the agent to find out how many times they have put your DD forward and why she isn't getting seen. It's in their interests to get jobs for her as they don't get paid if she isn't working, so if they have any insight then they should be very happy to share it.

Drop them an email to arrange a time to talk. If things aren't working out for either your DD or them it sounds as though it might be time to move on, but at least you'll understand why (as far as its possible to understand why...)

Good luck

Deb x
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

My dd is also 15 and like you hasnt had any auditioning in the past year. I think its just down to the age and also she is wearing a brace. Good luck.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Check what the rules are with your agent as many are sole representation and there is a notice period even though you have not signed a contract as such. Your dd may well have been put up for more jobs than she has actually received auditions for so ask if you can have a list of everything she has been put up for. I am sure they will be more than happy to discuss your concerns.
All new to me!
CAH123
BRIT Award

Post by CAH123 »

Check your contact because I think some wont even allow you to contact other agencies while you are with them. If it doesnt mention this then I would start sending out CV and headshots to other agencies because its your career at the end of the day. And 2 auditions in 2 years isnt acceptable to me. Id definately speak to them to ask what they have applied for for your dd. Also, keep an eye out for jobs like you would like to audition for and ask if you can be put forward. Theres nothing wrong with a bit of initiative. O:)