Contract

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

CAH123
BRIT Award

Contract

Post by CAH123 »

Hi all,
Ive been with an agent for nearly 5 months and have had one audition from them but have not yet recieved a contract. Is this normal?
Thanks!
Selina2
GRAMMY Award

Re: Contract

Post by Selina2 »

Some agents (including many of the top ones) don't require you to sign a contract with them. When you get a job, you sign a contract with the production company saying all monies owed will be paid via the agent.
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Do you have anything in writing from them at all?

It is not unheard of for there to be no written contract but there is no reason for you not to discuss this with the agent (indeed, it would be usual to discuss this at the point that they agreed to take you on to their books). What did they say to you about commission, contract and notice period etc when they took you on?

I have a very simple "letter of agreement" with my agent that basically just sets out the agreed commission rate and (short) notice period.

You should certainly know what the terms of engagement are and if you are not sure then you do need to ask!
CAH123
BRIT Award

Post by CAH123 »

Thanks for your replies.
I havent had anything at all in writing and when I and others have asked about a contract they have just said it will be coming after photos but these were done a few months ago
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

In that case, I would think a polite, but firm, reminder might be in order!
CAH123
BRIT Award

Post by CAH123 »

Yes I think I will! Thanks for advice