Fynns' Models

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

naomi
Nominee

Fynns' Models

Post by naomi »

Hi, does anyone know an agency called Fynns' Models and if it's legit.

I found their website on google and applied. They replied with the following emails:
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 20:44:26 +0100
Subject: Re:

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for your interest in Fynns' Models. I will show your sample photo to my boss.

Please also let me know your weight.

Regards,

Andrea Khoma - UK Supervisor, Fynns' Models
andreakhoma@fynnsmodels.com
http://www.fynnsmodels.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 19:08:10 +0100
Subject: Re:

Hi Naomi,

Thank you for sending your stats to me.

We can give you a call this week to discuss you doing some work for us, so let me know if there is a good day/time that we can give you a ring.

Regards,

Andrea Khoma - UK Supervisor, Fynns' Models
andreakhoma@fynnsmodels.com
http://www.fynnsmodels.com
I can't find anything else about them online. Their website says they're a division of "Izabella Models", but a google search for that doesn't bring up anything relevant either.

What also bothers me is that their website doesn't have a street address (that I've been able to find at least). The closest it gets is "London".

Is anyone able to tell me anything about this company?
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Fynns' Models

Post by riverdancefan »

Check with Alba give them a ring or drop an email
Sound a little worrying though ......
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
naomi
Nominee

Post by naomi »

Who/what is Alba?
Do you have an email for them?
irrelevant
BRIT Award

Post by irrelevant »

Just seen this thread. Thought I'd have a dig.

fynnsmodels.com name is registered with privacyprotect.org, which is very suspicious for any commercial website. It's been around since July last year, but has always used privacy services to hide who owns it.

http://www.fynnsmodels.com is just a wrapper for http://www.londonmodels.hostzi.com/

http://www.hostzi.com says
We use subdomains under domain HOSTZI.COM to setup free web hosting accounts for our clients. Each subdomain *.HOSTZI.COM is managed by different customer.
So Fynns aren't paying for hosting!

If a company would rather pay to hide who they are than pay for a proper hosting package, then I'd have to find it very suspicious. Personally, I'd avoid them.

http://www.londonmodels.hostzi.com/mode ... ssary.html has a page heading of "Minx Models Modeling Agency"

http://www.minxmodels.com/ exists, and looks absolutely identical on every page I have checked (with the exception of the agency names!)

Minx don't hide though. Domain is registered to -
Minx Models
Minx Models .
200, 1311 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC (CA)
V6Z2P3
info@minxmodels.com
604-221-4080

Either Fynns are the same people, or have ripped off Minx' website in it's entirety. Given the points I made above, I suspect the latter. Definitely avoid.
SarahLondon
Nominee

Post by SarahLondon »

Hi, I've just seen this thread from another forum. I can speak about my experiences with Fynns' Models, as I've done work for them this year.

Earlier this year, Fynns' Models offered me a non-exclusive contract. The agreement was that their commision was 10% on all jobs they found me, but I was free to sign with other agencies and find my own work. They also did not charge any upfront fee (they would make money by taking a cut of the work they found me), so I went ahead and signed wth them.

I spent from June to August doing work for them. In total, I did 9 paid catalogue shoots for them. And as agreed, I paid them 10% of everythng I earned from these jobs.

But where it all went sour with Fynns' is that they wanted to increase their commision to 20%.

I believe that they decided to do this, because they were now providing me with a lot of work. I told them that I did not think taking 20% commision of the work I did was fair, in response they said that they would keep it at 10%.

A few days later I got a phone call from one of the managers from Fynns' Models saying that they are terminating my contract with immediate effect.

I was a little annoyed by them doing that.

So to answer your question, it depends on if you are okay with Fynns being able to ramp up their commision that they take. I will say that they are professional and don't charge any upfront fees, like most model agencies.

Hope it works out for you, just clarify with them if their commision will ever change.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

sarahLondon, did you sign a contract with them? It should stipulate what there commission is and whether they can raise it at will.
at least they told you they were not using you any more and didn't leave you wondering why the jobs had dried up!
forgetmeknot
BRIT Award

Post by forgetmeknot »

Cant comment on the legitamacy of this agency at all, & agree that changing T&C because you have had plenty of work seems very wrong.. however just wanted to say that 10% is the lowest commission rate ive ever heard of, for anything outside of theatre work!!.. Most photographic agents charge 25- 37.5% commission. If you are looking for a photographic agent id recommment trying Kids London, Bruce & Brown , Grace & Galor, (no upfront fees)Urban Angels South ( small fee) if you are london/ southern based. If your northern based try Kids Manchester( northern division Of KL) Boss, Urban Angels North, Impact,.. Im sure there are many others that people can recommend also, & the choice expands if you are looking for an agent to represent you for acting also....These are simply the agencies i mostly see represented at good photographic castings, oh & they are all sole agents.
SarahLondon
Nominee

Post by SarahLondon »

francescasmum wrote:sarahLondon, did you sign a contract with them? It should stipulate what there commission is and whether they can raise it at will.
at least they told you they were not using you any more and didn't leave you wondering why the jobs had dried up!
Yes, the contract said that 10% was the commision, but that this is subject to reasonable change agreed by both parties and that I would be notified in advance before any changes.

Anyway, I've spoken to Fynns today, and we've agreed that they'll continue to provide me work at a commision basis of 20%.

I'm happy with 20% actually, after forgetmeknots post about the average commision being between 25 and 37.5%.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.