UK Model Agency

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Cupcakes
BRIT Award

UK Model Agency

Post by Cupcakes »

Hi ya, has anyone heard of UK Model Agency, my niece was contacted by them on Starnow and has been asked to come to London to meet them and see what kind of modelling she would be best at. Anyone else had any experience with them, i think they are based in Farrindgon? Thanks.
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: UK Model Agency

Post by pg »

I have just had a very brief look at their website and I have to admit that my first reaction is "don't bother". I really think this will be a waste of time and money.

Did you read this?

If you are looking to become a model, UK Models are here to guide you through the different stages of modelling and ultimately get you into a position to be signed to a legitimate agency or to start freelance modeling.

Starting a modelling career can seem like an unnerving task but with over 10 years of industry experience, we can put you in the position to achieve your full potential.

They are clearly NOT a modelling agency.

and this...
The first thing you need to do is find out whether you have what it takes to model and then to start approaching agencies with evidence to prove you have the right credentials. The best way to approach modelling agencies is with a portfolio as there is no better way to demonstrate the potential you have. First impressions mean everything and if you haven’t gone to the effort of working with a photographer and stylist to create a portfolio, then you haven’t yet found out if modelling is for you.

I would guess that they will try to sell you expensive photographic portfolios which you do NOT need in order to approach agencies.
- Remember, this is not an agency, despite the title.
If you want a trip to London to assess a potential modelling career, I'd be much more inclined to follow the advice from Storm Models website
Fourth – do not pay for any pictures

Do not believe anyone who tells you that you need a professional portfolio to be considered by an agency. Natural shots without make-up are the best guides for us to decide as to your potential.

Many people have thrown away hundreds of pounds having useless pictures taken on false promises.

If you are suspicious of anyone who contacts you, get as many details as you can from them & then contact our office on 020 7368 9900.

http://www.stormmodels.com
Cupcakes
BRIT Award

Re: UK Model Agency

Post by Cupcakes »

Thanks pg have passed on your advice to her.