Agency Questions

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

admin
Site Admin

Agency Questions

Post by admin »

Due to popular demand we have set up a new area for all questions, issues and advice related to agencies. To try to avoid repetition on common agency questions please post all your agency related issues here.
Hope Never Dies....
amyfrancesduggan
Nominee

Re: Agency Questions

Post by amyfrancesduggan »

I am 16 and studying at BRIT school. What are some good agents for musical theatre, any ideas? :idea:
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Hmm. At 16 you may find it quite hard to get employment in Musical Theatre unless you look very young - for this reason, you may also find it hard to be accepted by an agency.

I think at 16 you will be edging into the young adult category, rather than the child category. Can you think of any parts in any Musicals you would be suitable for? If you can, do you know what age the current performers are and what experience they have? This might give you a good idea of what to aim for. I suspect you will find that most of them are graduates from MT courses.

As you are at the BRIT school, could you ask your teachers what they think about this? Could they give you some advice about entering the industry at 16? Or are you thinking of performing in MT whilst still at school?
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Does anyone evet ask their agent for feedback from recalls or auditions. Wanted to know if they would get any from casting directors so that kids can work on areas
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

If an agent does get feedback from a CD or director, I would guess they would pass it on - there would be no reason not to, if it was going to be useful to the actor. Most of the time the CDs don't give feedback unfortunately.