What do you look for in an agent?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

willywonka
BRIT Award

What do you look for in an agent?

Post by willywonka » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:30 am

What do you look for in an agency, apart from the obvious? What makes your agency brilliant or awful? Looking to change agents but not sure what to loook for in a new one! Or who knows, maybe the reason I am looking to change agents for DD will set me up to have the same issues with new agent as all agents are the same?

Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Re: What do you look for in an agent?

Post by Pandora II » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:28 pm

- someone I can talk to about the not so good stuff as well as the good stuff.
- no internal competition.
- knows who the children are on the books and their strengths, likes and personality, and sends them for appropriate castings.
- very selective and actively wants to represent my child.

When I met DDs current agent I knew it was right. So different from previous one.

RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Re: What do you look for in an agent?

Post by RoseTowers4 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:44 am

Someone who knows my child and can be reached quickly and easily
Someone who doesn't have an assistant who fobs me off telling me they're busy while I hear them whispering it in the background - yes it did happen in the past unfortunately
Someone who gets the Spotlight picture up immediately
Someone who doesn't insist I use their photographer who then takes six weeks to send me their photo - again happened in the past
Someone who is realistic about my kid's chances and believes in them
Someone who sympathises when kid gets rejected but has the next fab opportunity waiting for them
Someone who can be a bit bossy if I moan too much - yes it has happened in the past :D
Someone who understands if I say no to a casting but will also tell me when it's definitely the right time to say yes
Someone who treats me like a person and gets me.