Agency etiquette

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

mbs
BRIT Award

Agency etiquette

Post by mbs »

Hi

My DD has applied to 3 agencies for auditions, and is in the lucky position of having an offer of representation from the first agency she has auditioned for. She has an audition for another agency coming up within a few days, and positive emails from another. I'm really not sure what to do.

Will we jeopardise the first offer by waiting to see what happens with the 2nd and 3rd agencies? In an ideal world, she'd like to see what happens with those two, and then if she's extremely lucky with them, to be able to choose between them. But I know this isn't an ideal world!

We don't want to upset / blow our chances with the first agency by waiting to accept. Any advice?? (Nice position to be in, I realise).
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Agency etiquette

Post by pg »

If the first agency is really interested then they'll wait.

It's not at all uncommon for more than one agent to be interested.
I'd just explain that you have other potential offers to consider but that you are very interested in the offer they've made and you'll get back to them.

It wouldn't be sensible for them to insist you say yes or no now - because you could very well say no, and then they'd lose you.

They might be sniffy about it - but if they are, then are they an agency you'd find easy to deal with?
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

I would also say, if you haven't already (sure you have!) have a look at all the agency websites - and who they represent, and see if it fits with you. If you have a choice and they are all of equal standing and reputation then meet them all and go with your gut reaction. We have spent a good deal of time browsing agents and are now happily settled. If you want to message me who you are seeing I am happy to offer my opinion if they are ones we have met x
mbs
BRIT Award

Post by mbs »

Thank you so much for this feedback.

My DD now has two firm offers, and we'll probably stop waiting for the third because I think our gut is telling us to go with one of the two.

pg, I took your advice and emailed the first agency explaining that we were waiting to hear from another agency before we decided what to do. And they were absolutely fine about it, and told us to take as much time as we needed, which was a relief.

missmoneypenny, I have indeed browsed the websites endlessly! And the FB pages! After a while, it starts driving you crazy. And I think you're right - you just have to go with your gut.

Hopefully, this will all work out well for my very keen little girl. Fingers crossed...