Performers Uniform

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Performers Uniform

Post by anastasia79 »

I’ve been looking at the uniform list tonight that DD got off Performers Freshers FB page and wondered if anyone knows what the styles are for the grey ballet leotards? On the Dalby’s order form, one says camisole and the other wide strap but there are no pictures, so DD does not know which she prefers. I’ve looked through our paperwork and I can’t see any examples. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thank you :)
Last edited by anastasia79 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gibbo68
Nominee

Re: Performers Uniform

Post by Gibbo68 »

Hi Anastasia79, dd is in 1st year Performers and has the grey camisole style leotard.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Thanks. Is it with the Performers logo or is it by Capezio, Bloch or another dance brand? Does the camisole style have an built in bra/bra shelf?
Gibbo68
Nominee

Post by Gibbo68 »

I did get her to send a photo but then realised I couldn’t post it! There isn’t a brand, it was from their suggested outlet, Danceland at Dalbys, (Southend). It has a bra shelf. It has double straps which cross over at the back. Hope that helps!
Gibbo68
Nominee

Post by Gibbo68 »

And no Performers logo.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

That’s perfect, the camisole style sounds good. Thanks for getting the picture even though you couldn’t send it \:D/ .
Jofitz
Nominee

Post by Jofitz »

Think the thicker strap is recommended if they are bigger up top 😊
If you look on Instagram tagged pictures and scroll down a bit there is a couple of pictures with students wearing them 😀
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Jofitz wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:21 am Think the thicker strap is recommended if they are bigger up top 😊
If you look on Instagram tagged pictures and scroll down a bit there is a couple of pictures with students wearing them 😀
I tried yesterday using #performerscollege and didn’t see any ballet posts. I’ll try a different hashtag. My DD much to her frustration and regular complaining about this she’s got nothing up top 😉.
Jofitz
Nominee

Post by Jofitz »

anastasia79 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:57 am
Jofitz wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:21 am Think the thicker strap is recommended if they are bigger up top 😊
I tried yesterday using #performerscollege and didn’t see any ballet posts. I’ll try a different hashtag. My DD much to her frustration and regular complaining about this she’s got nothing up top 😉.
Just go on their page and select the tagged tab and scroll down a bit - but camisole one then 🤣 they are actually really nice
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Ahh okay I get you now Jofitz, I’ll have a look on there now.
Jo14
Nominee

Post by Jo14 »

They had all the uniform on display at the Performers Birmingham open day. I spoke to the uniform lady and she said for them to have the narrow straps unless they were a ‘bigger build up top’. She said to order everything from her and they can deliver it to your house, or have it ready for them when they get to college. She also said they’d fit them for pointe and heeled shoes once they start college as they visit the students there.
Hope that’s helpful. I took a photo of the uniform but the file is too big to upload on here!
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Jo14 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:06 pm They had all the uniform on display at the Performers Birmingham open day. I spoke to the uniform lady and she said for them to have the narrow straps unless they were a ‘bigger build up top’. She said to order everything from her and they can deliver it to your house, or have it ready for them when they get to college. She also said they’d fit them for pointe and heeled shoes once they start college as they visit the students there.
Hope that’s helpful. I took a photo of the uniform but the file is too big to upload on here!
Thank you. If I message you with my email, if you could send me the picture that would be really helpful.
Jo14
Nominee

Post by Jo14 »

Of course that’s fine.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Hi we have visited Dalby's as it's not too far away.
The camisole cross straps at back is the preferred style she told us...they prefer students to buy this one unless they have to wear a bra and need the other one.

The stage shoes are a prototype from Freed and are very similar to Laduca style Elizabeth...she said they are trying on the samples and taking orders and giving feedback to Freed on the fit. My daughter tried on and she made a note of size on a form.

We bought a few tights etc as we can use those anywhere. She also checked our pointe shoes and said they are fine but if we buy others then not to sew the ribbons on etc until ballet teacher Miss Davis? has checked them as she is quite strict. She made a note of our style and size so that we won't need the fitting as says it'll get very busy and some pupils won't have ever been on pointe so less stressful to check all now. Any style pointe show is ok as long as not Gaynor M's as teacher dislikes them as they do all the work for the feet and they are still in training.

Hope that helps?
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:27 pm
Jo14 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:06 pm They had all the uniform on display at the Performers Birmingham open day. I spoke to the uniform lady and she said for them to have the narrow straps unless they were a ‘bigger build up top’. She said to order everything from her and they can deliver it to your house, or have it ready for them when they get to college. She also said they’d fit them for pointe and heeled shoes once they start college as they visit the students there.
Thank you. If I message you with my email, if you could send me the picture that would be really helpful.
Dalby's posted them on their insta story the other day to avoid confusion....I will see if I can find