Italia Conti Guildford site

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Mrsmoby
Nominee

Italia Conti Guildford site

Post by Mrsmoby »

Hi my dd has been offered a place on the MT BA Hons course at IC Guildford site and as we’ve not been able to look around and most of the information is about the Barbican site or the new Woking site we’d got several questions if anyone could answer
1. What were facilities like ie how many studios etc
2. Class sizes and year intake
3. Is there a library or somewhere that they get sheet music/ articles/ books from
3. What’s are the hours like and a rough idea of weekly timetable
4. What’s the pastoral care like

Sorry for bombarding with questions but we’ve had sudden unexpected bereavement and everything gone out of her head
Elysée69
BRIT Award

Re: Italia Conti Guildford site

Post by Elysée69 »

Congratulations on your offer. My DD has a place on Diploma and we have lots of same questions. Doesn't seem to be much information on Conti here.

Also looking for group chat for them? I know someone said they create one after all offers been accepted but DD been a Snapchat group since EDA audition in September. Would really appreciate some contact for her from Diploma and Degree new starts.
Amf
BRIT Award

Post by Amf »

Mrsmoby wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:32 pm Hi my dd has been offered a place on the MT BA Hons course at IC Guildford site and as we’ve not been able to look around and most of the information is about the Barbican site or the new Woking site we’d got several questions if anyone could answer
1. What were facilities like ie how many studios etc
2. Class sizes and year intake
3. Is there a library or somewhere that they get sheet music/ articles/ books from
3. What’s are the hours like and a rough idea of weekly timetable
4. What’s the pastoral care like

Sorry for bombarding with questions but we’ve had sudden unexpected bereavement and everything gone out of her head
I can only comment on others I know who have been there. One currently in Y1 on MT degree who loves it. Another who left 2 years ago but don’t think she was at Guildford site, again really enjoyed her time at Conti. The email DS had recently said they only take 40 for the degree & split into 2 classes of 20. Not sure about diploma numbers
Mrsmoby
Nominee

Post by Mrsmoby »

Elysée69 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:41 pm Congratulations on your offer. My DD has a place on Diploma and we have lots of same questions. Doesn't seem to be much information on Conti here.

Also looking for group chat for them? I know someone said they create one after all offers been accepted but DD been a Snapchat group since EDA audition in September. Would really appreciate some contact for her from Diploma and Degree new starts.
I’ll pm you she can add my dd on Snapchat to be added
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

Hi ,
My dd attends diploma in Barbican .
Hours for diploma are 9-6 everyday . Degree hours are shorter I think as they don’t do as many dance classes etc and have more theory .
Pastoral care is good: A whole welfare team
Teaching is really excellent
I don’t know about library facility . My dd says no but I wouldn’t go by that 🤣🤣. I’m sure the degree students would need to have access but it might be at the university .
She downloads her music from a website we’ve subscribed to over last few years and prints it at home at start of year and mid term etc

The course administrators are extremely helpful so just email if you have queries . They reply very speedily !
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

The new group is usually on Facebook .
I just looked and there’s one called Italia Conti Arts Centre 2021-2024 so your dcs can request to be added . That’s the one for Guildford . Barbican is called the Academy
Mrsmoby
Nominee

Post by Mrsmoby »

Dancecrazy wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:02 am Hi ,
My dd attends diploma in Barbican .
Hours for diploma are 9-6 everyday . Degree hours are shorter I think as they don’t do as many dance classes etc and have more theory .
Pastoral care is good: A whole welfare team
Teaching is really excellent
I don’t know about library facility . My dd says no but I wouldn’t go by that 🤣🤣. I’m sure the degree students would need to have access but it might be at the university .
She downloads her music from a website we’ve subscribed to over last few years and prints it at home at start of year and mid term etc

The course administrators are extremely helpful so just email if you have queries . They reply very speedily !
Brilliant thank you so much. 🤣🤣 not just my DD that says college doesn’t have facilities it does etc and then is shocked by it
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

There’s also a learning support service for those with additional educational needs like Dyslexia
Elysée69
BRIT Award

Post by Elysée69 »

Dancecrazy wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:12 am The new group is usually on Facebook .
I just looked and there’s one called Italia Conti Arts Centre 2021-2024 so your dcs can request to be added . That’s the one for Guildford . Barbican is called the Academy
Thank you so much. I'll let her know
Elysée69
BRIT Award

Post by Elysée69 »

Mrsmoby wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:28 pm
Elysée69 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:41 pm Congratulations on your offer. My DD has a place on Diploma and we have lots of same questions. Doesn't seem to be much information on Conti here.

I’ll pm you she can add my dd on Snapchat to be added
Thank you so much
Amf
BRIT Award

Post by Amf »

Anyone used The Bridge student rooms in Guildford? Just booked for my DC who has a MT degree place at Conti & wondering what the place is like…thanks for ANY info!!😁