Confused

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Teepee
Nominee

Confused

Post by Teepee »

Hi im new on here and wondered if anyone had got any opinions or info on Stella Mann, LMA or D&B for MT
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Re: Confused

Post by anastasia79 »

Just stopping by to quickly say hello and welcome :).
Those with more knowledge on these schools I’m sure will reply soon.
Teepee
Nominee

Post by Teepee »

Aww thats v kind of you thank you :D xx
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

I don't really have any up to date info. Our knowledge, little as it is was gained 4 years ago when dd was applying for places.

We were not very impressed by Stella Mann, the standards seemed quite low and the dancers didn't look well taught. (This was based on what we saw at the CDMT Careers conference.

Dd really liked the look of D & B. She did a workshop with one of their teachers with a student assistant. She didn't apply in the end but that was more due to location/funding.It was certainly a curveball as we'd been originally put off by that awful TV programme but she got a really good vibe from them.

LMA, she knows a couple of people there. She feels it's quite a flashy, urban style school. Not really suited to her. She was looking for substance over style.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

LMA - London or Liverpool? . Quite a few at daughter's college have got places in London. Not sure on their admission number. Each has got straight in from a self tape. No recall or zoom interview done. Daughter tested the water with that one when she was convinced that it was her monologue choices that were getting her rejections in early submissions of self-tapes. She was offered a place but had no spare UCAS place to put it on at that point. She later decided she wasn't interested anyway.

D & B - as said did a reality doc type TV show a few years back that most on here hated. I was probably the odd one out in that as I was pretty certain that the show was being edited to be 'controversial' and get people talking about it - to up the TV ratings . People are perhaps more aware now thanks to things like Love Island where former contestants speak out about how producers set 'scenes' and tell people what they have to do.

Can't remember there ever being much on here about Stella Mann
Dancemumalways
Nominee

Post by Dancemumalways »

Ds went for an open day at Stela Mann a few years ago and wasn't impressed, the young lady greeting told everyone she was on their 'dada' course? It's felt like a few studios built onto the back if someone's house and it was very outdated. The classes were OK, very basic and didn't push ds at all, she didn't apply.
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

Stella Mann’s most recent OFSTED report from some years back wasn’t particularly good. Having said that , I know of students there who seem happy .
Re: D&B , I’ve never heard of any applicant being turned down . They seem to accept everyone who auditions .