Urdang Recalls

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Urdang Recalls

Post by anastasia79 »

Hi, has anyone heard anything from Urdang re dates for their recalls? I’m hoping they will be onsite so my DD can get a feel of the school, students and teachers in person.
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Re: Urdang Recalls

Post by icantdance »

No, DS has a recall as well but has heard nothing from them since then, several weeks ago. No idea what they are planning to do!
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

It helps to know we are not the only ones waiting to hear. They did say in the recall email that they would be in touch in Feb or March once the new Covid-19 restrictions were confirmed, which they have been now. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Icantdance I've just had this reply from Urdang re their recalls:-

“Hiya! We are not planning to host any in-person recalls following recent circumstances.

Recall dates will be confirmed in the next couple weeks. All students will be emailed instructions of what to prepare and submit shortly. They will be required to submit their audition videos online just like the first-round. I hope this helps!”
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

Thanks Anastasia79,that's useful but DS is going to pull out of the Urdang recalls I think, as he has had offers already and Urdang was not in his top 3. The very best of luck to your DD. I hope she gets in!!
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Thank you! We’ll have to wait and see how things go and what they’ll ask for. Brilliant for your DS, has he made a decision on where he is going now?
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

Yes he has. He's going to Bird, whatever other offers come in. Bird has a lot of chat streams, mostly on Snapchat I think, so he's made friends already and I think that's probably a large part of his decision. He was going to go to Bird to do the diploma 2 years ago but literally pulled out at the last minute and stayed on to do A levels because he felt he wasn't mature enough at 16. In hindsight, a wise decision given the pandemic!!!

Best of luck to your DD. It's tough making decisions when you haven't been able to see the colleges.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Besides the recall date of April 9th, does anyone know if there were/are any other recall dates?
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:36 pm Besides the recall date of April 9th, does anyone know if there were/are any other recall dates?
Hi I don't know dates but some we know were offered recalls this week and were the last of the submissions.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:54 am
anastasia79 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:36 pm Besides the recall date of April 9th, does anyone know if there were/are any other recall dates?
Hi I don't know dates but some we know were offered recalls this week and were the last of the submissions.
Okay, thanks. That helps as that means we’ll have replies around a similar time 🙂
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Has anyone heard anything from their recalls?
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

anastasia79 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 pm Has anyone heard anything from their recalls?
DD has just had an email saying they’re behind and will be hoping to get results out within the next 2 weeks.