All colleges open on 8th March ?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Mammamia
BRIT Award

All colleges open on 8th March ?

Post by Mammamia »

Just wondering if all the colleges are back on 8th March and in what form .
Online or face to face ?
I assume there will be regular testing .
My dc is waiting to hear what’s happening .
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Re: All colleges open on 8th March ?

Post by amo185 »

Emil Dale are back on the 8th. They've had an extended half term and are providing a skeletal online curriculum the week beginning March 1st to allow students to return to their term time accommodation and get tested before starting in person. They are then continuing to near the end of July with a short break for Easter. Well - that's the plan at least and we think it's been a great decision. Waiting on confirmation! But excited now for a summer of proper in-studio training and performing. DD can't wait. She loves it there and is missing it so much :)
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

My daughter has just heard from Performers that all 1st years are not returning until 19th April !!! I really don't understand it as they have said that they will need 2 negative tests prior to returning to college so why exclude one year whilst everyone else is returning - makes no sense at all - I know they were extremely fortunate that they had in person classes in studios (in their bubbles) every day from September - December inclusive but this just seems so strange to me - they have a 3 week Easter Break in between but it's so upsetting for them all to think they have to wait another 7 weeks or so whilst everyone else is returning on 8th
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

My DD back in on 8th at SLP leeds. They are then only having Easter weekend off not the usual few weeks. Then one week off in may but making up all the time through to the end of July. Even put in dates for end of year shows. So keeping everything crossed it will continue. They got most of their academic work completed whilst at home during lockdown so that physical training could be the focus on their return. They will also do random rapid testing each week.
Sorry to hear first years being left at home, certainly not good for morale!! Wonder if it’s due to numbers and not having enough studio space if trying to be covid secure? Still doesn’t seem very fair. Hope they are all back in ASAP 🤞
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

My dd is back on 8th March . Blended learning as with the term up to Christmas .
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

My daughter (3rd year) is back on 8th with a Covid test the day before.

2nd years are in on the 9th and 3rd years the 10th. They will have regular tests.
Elle’smom
BRIT Award

Post by Elle’smom »

Read have had full timetable getting more academic units out the way that instead of physical theatre and ensemble singing. Lateral flow tests on Tuesday and Friday this week with full timetable on line on the other three days, then full time in college from 15th.
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

DD and our two young lodgers have all had both LTFs now and are raring to go tomorrow back at EDA. I've seen their timetables - all face to face from 8:30 to 6 with four study periods during the week. Only their private singing lesson is on Zoom but still at EDA. I think they will all be exhausted by Friday but I can't wait to see them happily back training in their studios plus hearing all the news! Have a great week everyone who's back! :)
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Well typical.

The first day back face to face and dd has been sent home ill with vaccination side effects!
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Do hope your DD is feeling better now islandofsodor and back in training. Hopefully knowing she's better protected will keep her spirits up x
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

She's feeling much better thank-you.

We did expect it to some extent. She was vaccinated Saturday and both her father and grandfather literally just slept a couple of days after they had their vaccinations a couple of weeks ago. Just unfortunate timing but as you say, some peace of mind with being better protected.