Performers Audition Requirements! No Room!

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

musicalmummy123
Nominee

Performers Audition Requirements! No Room!

Post by musicalmummy123 »

Hope someone can help me out. Performers have asked for several sequence that require a lot of room. Did anybody email them and find out what we should do as we do not have that type of room. Do we leave those exercises out or what?
Louisedunn
BRIT Award

Re: Performers Audition Requirements! No Room!

Post by Louisedunn »

Hi musicalmummy123, my DD has registered for zooms when Performers have done them and several kids have mentioned this. Basically, their advice is just try to do them elsewhere, if you can. Garden, car parks and they even mentioned someone last year had danced on a garage roof!! They said be creative, find outdoor space if at all possible, but be safe. Otherwise, just do what you can, at home. 😐
Grace03
BRIT Award

Post by Grace03 »

My daughter has tried to stick to their videos as best as she can but it was not always possible. Eg we don’t have room for their leap requirements so she replaced that with a video she already had.
I wouldn’t just miss anything out completely unless you really can’t manage - adapt it and send an alternative if you can.
She said they have answered lots of questions on their Instagram stories and seem to understand that not everyone can send exactly what they have asked for.
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

DS emailed them and they said they were 'optional' but what on earth is the point of asking people to do exercises that half of them can't do? At least Laine, for example, have expressly stated that their exercises are designed to be done in small spaces. Performers need to get with the programme and not cause unnecessary stress to people through their extremely arduous requirements. DS said their routine couldn't even be done in a normal dance studio! Conservatory is being turned into a dance studio this week and DS did manage some Urdang dance routines on the drive outside. Luckily it is going to warm up for next week so that is possible I guess. "Leaps" in the house for DS are not possible as he's already 6'1"!!