Organisation of classes in Sept 2020

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Organisation of classes in Sept 2020

Post by Dancecrazy »

Has anyone received information from the colleges regarding how classes will be conducted in September ? It’s all so up in the air really .
My dd’s college is only bringIng in 50% of students in at a time . They will be in 2 bubbles . Each group will alternate each week in attending for 3 days and do 2 days on Zoom etc and the other group will attend for 2 days and do 3 days on Zoom . Anyone not in college will do classes on Zoom .
I’m assuming that students in the same class who live together will be in the same bubble but that hasn’t been mentioned yet
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Organisation of classes in Sept 2020

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Wilkes have told my daughter that they will have staggered start and finish times, will be in bubbles and will hopefully do all their practical classes in college but have their theory classes (she’s doing degree) from home via zoom. Not sure how it will work in practice but that is their intention. Thing is, if they’ve into student accommodation then how can they have practical lessons at home as they’ll all be fighting over the spare space! Just a time for them to see how it goes and tweek as required x
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

I had a call from an Emil Dale member of staff today as my dd will be going into BTEC 2 but we have offered to host a BTEC 1 student and possibly a gap year student. I was told they'll be back full time face to face but may have slightly staggered start times. They've been working hard to put everything in place so it can work and having two buildings and smaller year groups helps. Blended learning won't work they said as so many 6th form students are in host families. If they have to close, in an emergency, and return to virtual learning the students would return home. It was a relief for me to hear this as I really wasn't sure whether hosting would work (but it would help us financially and dd would love it). We live 40 mins away when traffic is good and I wouldn't be able to do different journeys for drop offs and pick ups. Or have several students trying to do different online lessons in our house! However no one has a crystal ball and I know things could change. I'm keeping everything crossed as dd has not found the last few months easy at all despite excellent EDA teaching and support. She can't wait to be back with her EDA friends and teachers.
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

Yes it will be trial and error I imagine
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Has anyone's college mentioned how singing is to be handled at all as in guidance for schools and FE it says singing should not take place unless outdoors etc and all the research I have seen shows how unsafe singing is.
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

islandofsodor wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:40 pm Has anyone's college mentioned how singing is to be handled at all as in guidance for schools and FE it says singing should not take place unless outdoors etc and all the research I have seen shows how unsafe singing is.
There’s been no mention of it yet . However , I’m
aware that another college have said that they won’t be doing singing during the first term and will be doing music instead .