Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by icantdance »

anastasia79 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:37 pm
dancelifemum wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:12 pm we should have asked how many places they have as it is very strange that we don't know one actual person offered a degree there yet...everyone is wait list (apart from a couple of your DC on here). We will decline anyway as it's not one of her top choices....so will let them know.
My DD was offered degree at Bird which she’s declined. There were a few others on here with DC’s that got degree offers. To be fair, they are like gold dust, especially during the early months of auditioning. The majority are on the reserve list. Somehow I think I remember them saying their intake being approx 150 for the degree.
I had a feeling it was 150 for both degree and diploma so possibly 100 and 50??
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

icantdance wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:34 pm
dancelifemum wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:12 pm we should have asked how many places they have as it is very strange that we don't know one actual person offered a degree there yet...everyone is wait list (apart from a couple of your DC on here). We will decline anyway as it's not one of her top choices....so will let them know.
My DD was offered degree at Bird which she’s declined. There were a few others on here with DC’s that got degree offers. To be fair, they are like gold dust, especially during the early months of auditioning. The majority are on the reserve list. Somehow I think I remember them saying their intake being approx 150 for the degree.
It’s nice to see you here, I haven’t seen you in a little while. I hope you and your DS are well :). Thanks for the correction. I knew I’d heard 150 but I wasn’t 100% sure. With that number I wonder if Performers Essex may now have a larger degree intake.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

That's great....It just seems like it's the one I see least amount of SM posts or hear about offers if that makes sense which is strange as it has a larger intake than some. We heard they only offer a percentage of actual places out out and then most are reserve.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:47 am
That's great....It just seems like it's the one I see least amount of SM posts or hear about offers if that makes sense which is strange as it has a larger intake than some. We heard they only offer a percentage of actual places out out and then most are reserve.
Yes that is very very true. Bird and Laine don’t show much activity on SM. Bird because not that many offers go out and Laine as their SM isn’t as active.
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

anastasia79 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:32 pm

It’s nice to see you here, I haven’t seen you in a little while. I hope you and your DS are well :). Thanks for the correction. I knew I’d heard 150 but I wasn’t 100% sure. With that number I wonder if Performers Essex may now have a larger degree intake.
Thanks Anastasia79, yes we're very well thank you. DS is happily gearing up for Bird. He says there's 188 on the chat and some of those are leaving (ie not going to Bird). They're a mix of diploma, degree and foundation students, so roughly 140ish degree and diploma.

I think Performers' intake is going up overall because of their Birmingham site but I guess their numbers will at least double with that. Has your DD confirmed Performers now?
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

icantdance wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:17 pm

Thanks Anastasia79, yes we're very well thank you. DS is happily gearing up for Bird. He says there's 188 on the chat and some of those are leaving (ie not going to Bird). They're a mix of diploma, degree and foundation students, so roughly 140ish degree and diploma.

I think Performers' intake is going up overall because of their Birmingham site but I guess their numbers will at least double with that. Has your DD confirmed Performers now?
That’s really good to hear, it’s good that he’s full steam ahead. I’m sure he must be excited and looking forward to this new chapter. I’ve sent you a PM.
EsmeraldaFudge
Nominee

Post by EsmeraldaFudge »

dancelifemum wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:19 pm
EsmeraldaFudge wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:36 pm Has anyone heard off Bird yet? My DS has confirmed his place but not sure what the process is now? Do they contact you again or do we now just wait until results in august? He is planning on renting a student house but not sure if Bird do contact re halls or not?
the reserve list email says do not contact until after the end of June to see where you are on the list...top/middle or bottom 😂
My son has a conditional degree offer there so isn't on the waiting list. Getting a bit anxious now though about securing accommodation!
Grace03
BRIT Award

Post by Grace03 »

EsmeraldaFudge wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:50 pm
EsmeraldaFudge wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:36 pm Has anyone heard off Bird yet? My DS has confirmed his place but not sure what the process is now? Do they contact you again or do we now just wait until results in august? He is planning on renting a student house but not sure if Bird do contact re halls or not?
the reserve list email says do not contact until after the end of June to see where you are on the list...top/middle or bottom 😂
My son has a conditional degree offer there so isn't on the waiting list. Getting a bit anxious now though about securing accommodation!
Hi my daughter is in the same position.
We haven’t heard anything either yet.
We’re looking for accommodation - there seems to be more options coming up in the group now - but she will go in halls if we don’t find anywhere soon.
She seems to think they will send out an accommodation and uniform list soon.

She also told me a couple of days ago that she’s got a medical form that the GP needs to sign that Bird sent when she first received her offer! So she will be trying to sort that this week
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

The accommodation list is expected to be sent out by the end of next week
EsmeraldaFudge
Nominee

Post by EsmeraldaFudge »

Grace03 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:29 pm

Hi my daughter is in the same position.
We haven’t heard anything either yet.
We’re looking for accommodation - there seems to be more options coming up in the group now - but she will go in halls if we don’t find anywhere soon.
She seems to think they will send out an accommodation and uniform list soon.

She also told me a couple of days ago that she’s got a medical form that the GP needs to sign that Bird sent when she first received her offer! So she will be trying to sort that this week
My GP tried to charge me £30 to complete the medical form....
EsmeraldaFudge
Nominee

Post by EsmeraldaFudge »

Munchpot wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:27 pm
The accommodation list is expected to be sent out by the end of next week
oh that's great! will keep eyes peeled for that then
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

icantdance wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:17 pm

yes they have 50-80 I think for Birmingham and I believe you can't up the intake for the first couple of years when a degree starts, hence Essex has now increased. I expect Wilkes will increase their intake too once their degree course hits 2 year mark and they are allowed.
Hard to say how many just yet for Performers Essex as there are more people on the chat that will actually go and also includes diploma/pre-voc students too. It was nice to see they got a graduation event as well as their shows on SM.
EsmeraldaFudge
Nominee

Post by EsmeraldaFudge »

Bird College have sent accommodation list out. We decided that we want DS to go into halls as was getting anxious about house share and paying bills. Is anyone else going into halls?
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

EsmeraldaFudge wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:35 pm Bird College have sent accommodation list out. We decided that we want DS to go into halls as was getting anxious about house share and paying bills. Is anyone else going into halls?
I think it's great you have that option and a shame many other colleges don't. I think it takes the hassle away and like 'normal' uni they then get that experience of all starting off together.
Grace03
BRIT Award

Post by Grace03 »

EsmeraldaFudge wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:35 pm Bird College have sent accommodation list out. We decided that we want DS to go into halls as was getting anxious about house share and paying bills. Is anyone else going into halls?
Hi, I’m sure there will be others considering they are still working through the reserve list.
I would be happy for my daughter to go in halls. The only downside seems to be the short bus journey rather than being able to walk to college.
We spoke with a current first year who said most move out of halls after one year but that it’s sociable and a good place to start with.
My daughter is wanting a house share. We’re looking into a couple. I’ve suggested to her that if she can’t find something in the next two weeks then to go in halls. We need to find something of a similar cost to halls so that has restricted the options for a house share.