Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

amo185
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by amo185 »

DD's friend has just had a no from her Urdang recall. A bit disappointed after a long wait but off to Performers which I'm sure she'll love. Hopefully others still waiting will get good news and those still waiting on Laine DADA results and reserve places receive good news soon too.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Hi, Does anyone know if all Italia Conti courses inc foundation are in Guildford from September, prior to them moving to Woking in Sept 22?
evie03
Nominee

Post by evie03 »

amo185 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:30 am Lovely to hear of more offers. DD's best friend is still waiting on her Urdang recall too. Three other girls have not yet turned down their offers there despite accepting elsewhere - so there must surely be more movement later too. Not sure of the deadline for turning down. Good luck to all!
In my email from Urdang they said I had 14 days to reply, so hopefully they'll be a bit more movement soon!
canadianJo
BRIT Award

Post by canadianJo »

MTDreams wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:59 am
canadianJo wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 pm
MTDreams wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:57 pm

Finally! Well it might be positive if your DD didn't get a no this afternoon? I will keep my fingers crossed for her!
My DD got an offer from GSA today!!!! I cannot tell you how happy she is. It was her first choice and her dream school. I feel I can finally relax....we are still waiting to hear from Urdang and Bird but her decision is already made. Good luck to everyone still waiting for results before final decisions are made :)
Congratulations!! that's amazing, great to hear
Thank you! DD is thrilled. Did you hear yet?
She got a no from GSA :( She's going to apply for the Mountview foundation program... hoping that since she's made it to the reserve list for BA that she could get a place in foundation.... We've recently realized that since my Dad is British she's eligible for an ancestry visa. Since some programs can't sponsor international student visas she couldn't apply. I think the Trinity foundation (her one firm offer) looks fantastic, but soooo expensive (international fees are about 16,000)
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

canadianJo wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:54 pm
MTDreams wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:59 am
canadianJo wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 pm

Congratulations!! that's amazing, great to hear
Thank you! DD is thrilled. Did you hear yet?
She got a no from GSA :( She's going to apply for the Mountview foundation program... hoping that since she's made it to the reserve list for BA that she could get a place in foundation.... We've recently realized that since my Dad is British she's eligible for an ancestry visa. Since some programs can't sponsor international student visas she couldn't apply. I think the Trinity foundation (her one firm offer) looks fantastic, but soooo expensive (international fees are about 16,000)
Ah sorry to hear regarding GSA. Definitely apply for the foundation but there is still time for her to be offered a place off the reserve... Good luck!
EsmeraldaFudge
Nominee

Post by EsmeraldaFudge »

Hi all

New to this site, all a bit of a minefield.

My DS has had offers for 3 Year Degree -
Bird College
Momentum
Performers
1 year foundation at Urdang.

He has decided to go with Bird College. Would be great to hear from other parents on here. I am FLUMMOXED by accom options. I would be hugely grateful if anyone can help with this? He has been talked out of going to Avery Hills halls so is now looking at shared accommodation with some friends from his current school but this makes me really anxious. Would appreciate any advise on how I even find accommodation.

The accommodation options sent by Bird College (ie Toronto / Hollywood ) are all full. Happy to be pointed to another thread!
Amf
BRIT Award

Post by Amf »

lawn wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:27 pm Hi, Does anyone know if all Italia Conti courses inc foundation are in Guildford from September, prior to them moving to Woking in Sept 22?
I know that the degree is. Not sure about the others
Nic16977
Nominee

Post by Nic16977 »

EsmeraldaFudge wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:41 pm Hi all

New to this site, all a bit of a minefield.

My DS has had offers for 3 Year Degree -
Bird College
Momentum
Performers
1 year foundation at Urdang.

He has decided to go with Bird College. Would be great to hear from other parents on here. I am FLUMMOXED by accom options. I would be hugely grateful if anyone can help with this? He has been talked out of going to Avery Hills halls so is now looking at shared accommodation with some friends from his current school but this makes me really anxious. Would appreciate any advise on how I even find accommodation.

The accommodation options sent by Bird College (ie Toronto / Hollywood ) are all full. Happy to be pointed to another thread!
Hi! Don’t panic! My daughter is current Bird 2nd year. She didn’t find out she’d got a place till the July & we decided it was less stressful to go for halls at Avery Hill. Her room was small but perfect for her and it turned out to be the best decision as she met loads of people and has gone on to share a house with the 3 girls she shared halls with. Deposit was small, we didn’t pay a thing over lockdown and you don’t need to sort it it late July/August.
Amf
BRIT Award

Post by Amf »

Student finance...I presume the deadline of Friday for student finance is a soft deadline?🤞🏻🤞🏻Can’t apply until decisions have been made but gov website says 21st May to ensure it gets done in time.
Nic16977
Nominee

Post by Nic16977 »

Amf wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:14 pm Student finance...I presume the deadline of Friday for student finance is a soft deadline?🤞🏻🤞🏻Can’t apply until decisions have been made but gov website says 21st May to ensure it gets done in time.
You can still apply, just put one of the places you’ve had an offer from and change it later if you need to, at least then you’ll be in the system. It only gets paid if the college confirm enrolment. I was advised to do this by student finance while we were waiting for audition outcomes.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Amf wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:14 pm Student finance...I presume the deadline of Friday for student finance is a soft deadline?🤞🏻🤞🏻Can’t apply until decisions have been made but gov website says 21st May to ensure it gets done in time.
Thank you so much for highlighting this.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Nic16977 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:27 pm
You can still apply, just put one of the places you’ve had an offer from and change it later if you need to, at least then you’ll be in the system. It only gets paid if the college confirm enrolment. I was advised to do this by student finance while we were waiting for audition outcomes.
Yes, I’ve just read this also based on Amf’s last post. I’m going to have DD do that so at least we have started the process. If it wasn’t for this forum, there’s no many things that I’d miss. Such a lifesaver of information here!
Amf
BRIT Award

Post by Amf »

anastasia79 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:31 pm
Nic16977 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:27 pm
Yes, I’ve just read this also based on Amf’s last post. I’m going to have DD do that so at least we have started the process. If it wasn’t for this forum, there’s no many things that I’d miss. Such a lifesaver of information here!
Super advice. Will do that too then
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

amo185 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:08 am I don't really understand why people hold onto offers when they've made a decision either. Can understand when they are still working out funding or wanting to visit as it's a big decision. But it is a tad annoying when there is a mutual friend waiting on a possible place!
Yes I agree....knowing someone desperately wants a place and others are just sitting on them but won't be accepting is rather unfair.
Hoping all those waiting will hear very soon.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Yes just put any place in...and it gets the ball rolling.