Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

evie03
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by evie03 »

idk if it was everyone getting their Urdang results today but I finally heard back (my recall submission was 9th April) and got offered diploma which I was pleased with (my first choice however was degree)
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

evie03 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:25 pm idk if it was everyone getting their Urdang results today but I finally heard back (my recall submission was 9th April) and got offered diploma which I was pleased with (my first choice however was degree)
Congratulations! It’s nice to hear more good news. I wonder if you’ll have the option to switch to the degree depending on how many accept or decline all the original degree offers. My DD is also waiting to hear about her April 9th recall. Fingers crossed we’ll hear tomorrow or the day after.
canadianJo
BRIT Award

Post by canadianJo »

MTDreams wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:57 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:11 pm Things are starting to move now with the April 9 recalls from Urdang. A friend of DD’s has sadly received a no earlier this afternoon. My DD is now really worried about what her response will be.
Finally! Well it might be positive if your DD didn't get a no this afternoon? I will keep my fingers crossed for her!
My DD got an offer from GSA today!!!! I cannot tell you how happy she is. It was her first choice and her dream school. I feel I can finally relax....we are still waiting to hear from Urdang and Bird but her decision is already made. Good luck to everyone still waiting for results before final decisions are made :)
Congratulations!! that's amazing, great to hear
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Grace03 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:26 pm Is anyone else worrying about accommodation? Or am I just over thinking it!

My daughter is holding two offers for bird and performers. She has yet to visit performers as she was ill and unable to attend the open day. By the time we get to look round the accommodation list will probably be out.
And one of her best friends is on reserve for bird. It makes sense for them to share if she is offered a place but she might not know for some time yet.

I’m wondering how difficult it is to find accommodation if we leave it much longer?
I have been worried too as we know some at other colleges that are sorted. However I am also told that previous years that didn't get offers until August still always found something! So I am trying to be more relaxed although it is in my nature to be organised....we have a tour soon of performers and will look around the area too. Is your daughter on the fb group?
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:00 pm
evie03 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:25 pm idk if it was everyone getting their Urdang results today but I finally heard back (my recall submission was 9th April) and got offered diploma which I was pleased with (my first choice however was degree)
Congratulations! It’s nice to hear more good news. I wonder if you’ll have the option to switch to the degree depending on how many accept or decline all the original degree offers. My DD is also waiting to hear about her April 9th recall. Fingers crossed we’ll hear tomorrow or the day after.
I am sure no news is good news as they will usually send straight no's out first....fingers crossed for you if it is her top choice.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:21 am
anastasia79 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:00 pm
I am sure no news is good news as they will usually send straight no's out first....fingers crossed for you if it is her top choice.
Yes we hope so. It is her first choice so we’ll see what today brings.
Grace03
BRIT Award

Post by Grace03 »

dancelifemum wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:19 am
Grace03 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:26 pm Is anyone else worrying about accommodation? Or am I just over thinking it!

My daughter is holding two offers for bird and performers. She has yet to visit performers as she was ill and unable to attend the open day. By the time we get to look round the accommodation list will probably be out.
And one of her best friends is on reserve for bird. It makes sense for them to share if she is offered a place but she might not know for some time yet.

I’m wondering how difficult it is to find accommodation if we leave it much longer?
I have been worried too as we know some at other colleges that are sorted. However I am also told that previous years that didn't get offers until August still always found something! So I am trying to be more relaxed although it is in my nature to be organised....we have a tour soon of performers and will look around the area too. Is your daughter on the fb group?
Hi no she isn’t - she’s in the bird one but performers said they can only join once they have accepted their offer on ucas - is this not the case?
I’m also trying to stay relaxed but easier said than done! X
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Grace03 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:01 am
dancelifemum wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:19 am

Hi no she isn’t - she’s in the bird one but performers said they can only join once they have accepted their offer on ucas - is this not the case?
I’m also trying to stay relaxed but easier said than done! X
Yes I think you may be right as it's the official one set up by the college....although some of them have started alternative group chats etc to discuss sharing...but early days as they need houses first! I got a little freaked out by the numbers on the fb group over 200 but apparently it's diploma/ BTEC students too....and we looked at last years and it had similar amount even though less students so I'm not sure how and who is actually on there. I would quite like a parents one :lol:
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Lovely to hear of more offers. DD's best friend is still waiting on her Urdang recall too. Three other girls have not yet turned down their offers there despite accepting elsewhere - so there must surely be more movement later too. Not sure of the deadline for turning down. Good luck to all!
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

amo185 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:30 am Lovely to hear of more offers. DD's best friend is still waiting on her Urdang recall too. Three other girls have not yet turned down their offers there despite accepting elsewhere - so there must surely be more movement later too. Not sure of the deadline for turning down. Good luck to all!
Yes I do think that's a shame for some to still be holding offers knowing that others are waiting....I guess they have until 10 June to accept/decline if via UCAS ...but in theory could still accept Urdang ias an extra if their other offers are outside of UCAS eg Bird/ Laine/ LSC etc....it is like a moving jigsaw puzzle with people waiting to put their piece in!!...I do feel for those waiting as it has been a relief the last month to stop checking emails.
Grace03
BRIT Award

Post by Grace03 »

I don’t understand why people would hold an offer once they have made a final decision.
We have been feeling so guilty just for holding two because she hasn’t made a decision yet.
We withdrew or turned down everything else straight away.
The deadline is fast approaching so there must be some movement on the lists soon!
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

canadianJo wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 pm
MTDreams wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:57 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:11 pm Things are starting to move now with the April 9 recalls from Urdang. A friend of DD’s has sadly received a no earlier this afternoon. My DD is now really worried about what her response will be.
Finally! Well it might be positive if your DD didn't get a no this afternoon? I will keep my fingers crossed for her!
My DD got an offer from GSA today!!!! I cannot tell you how happy she is. It was her first choice and her dream school. I feel I can finally relax....we are still waiting to hear from Urdang and Bird but her decision is already made. Good luck to everyone still waiting for results before final decisions are made :)
Congratulations!! that's amazing, great to hear
Thank you! DD is thrilled. Did you hear yet?
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

I don't really understand why people hold onto offers when they've made a decision either. Can understand when they are still working out funding or wanting to visit as it's a big decision. But it is a tad annoying when there is a mutual friend waiting on a possible place!
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

amo185 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:08 am I don't really understand why people hold onto offers when they've made a decision either. Can understand when they are still working out funding or wanting to visit as it's a big decision. But it is a tad annoying when there is a mutual friend waiting on a possible place!
My DS simply can't multi-task so he hasn't done anything much while he's been doing exams. Now he's finished (yesterday afternoon) he'll contact those that he is holding on to and reject them (apart from the one he has accepted of course!!). Everything has had to wait. I agree though, once a decision has been made they need to reject the others. I think he's only been holding onto one and has rejected the others, but it's one that doesn't have a limit on numbers so I don't think anybody has missed out from that.
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

I think Urdang and Laine offers should be out this week. So the very best of luck to all your DCs who are waiting on them x