Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

DogWalker
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by DogWalker »

anastasia79 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:27 pm
MTDreams wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:07 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:52 pm

I’ll keep everything crossed for her for GSA and Bird \:D/ Yes, Bird are quite strict with the order in which they view videos, they are however really good at having results to everyone approx 3 weeks after their deadline date. This waiting is doing my head in! Like you say we have it hard but nothing compared to them. Good news this weekend would be lovely.
Thank you! I can't remember but is your DD waiting on Urdang before a decision is made or has she somewhere already she wants to go?
Yes she’s waiting on Urdang before she makes her final decision. It’s one of her top 2 places. She is in between them and Performers at the moment. Ideally if she’s fortunate enough to get an offer, she would love to have a tour there before she decides. She had a tour at Performers on Monday and loved it. If Urdang is a no, it will be a mad rush to sort accommodation. I’m a tad stressed as accommodation tends to go very quickly there especially as they’ve increased their numbers significantly. I called Urdang this afternoon and they’ve apologised for the delay, they said the standard was really high and the panel were having a final meeting this weekend before results would be emailed on Monday.
Any news from Urdang today (Monday) anyone? we are waiting from the 9th April recall submission so was hoping it would be today. Anyone heard anything?
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

DogWalker wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:52 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:27 pm
MTDreams wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Thank you! I can't remember but is your DD waiting on Urdang before a decision is made or has she somewhere already she wants to go?
Yes she’s waiting on Urdang before she makes her final decision. It’s one of her top 2 places. She is in between them and Performers at the moment. Ideally if she’s fortunate enough to get an offer, she would love to have a tour there before she decides. She had a tour at Performers on Monday and loved it. If Urdang is a no, it will be a mad rush to sort accommodation. I’m a tad stressed as accommodation tends to go very quickly there especially as they’ve increased their numbers significantly. I called Urdang this afternoon and they’ve apologised for the delay, they said the standard was really high and the panel were having a final meeting this weekend before results would be emailed on Monday.
Any news from Urdang today (Monday) anyone? we are waiting from the 9th April recall submission so was hoping it would be today. Anyone heard anything?
Sadly no, not a word! It’s quite disappointing too as when I called on Friday I was told the results would be out today. This Friday will make 6 weeks! For degree applications they must submit offers by this Thursday according to the UCAS guidelines. So, at the latest we should hear something by then 🤞🏼
DogWalker
Nominee

Post by DogWalker »

Thanks! Good luck to you x
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

DogWalker wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:05 pm Thanks! Good luck to you x
You’re welcome and good luck to you too x
Amf
BRIT Award

Post by Amf »

anastasia79 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:00 pm
icantdance wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:33 am DS had an email from Laine on Wednesday saying DaDA offers would be out by the end of the week ..... ie today!!!
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear. Let’s hope there’ll be good news for those that need it.
Friend of DS who didn’t qualify for Laine Dada has had an email in the last hour...hopefully soon for the rest who do qualify & are waiting to hear 😁
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Amf wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:19 pm
icantdance wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:33 am DS had an email from Laine on Wednesday saying DaDA offers would be out by the end of the week ..... ie today!!!
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear. Let’s hope there’ll be good news for those that need it.
Friend of DS who didn’t qualify for Laine Dada has had an email in the last hour...hopefully soon for the rest who do qualify & are waiting to hear 😁
Yes and Wilkes have been emailing their wait list as DD friend sadly got a NO today....I think that's worse than a straight no after two weeks...to then be on a wait list for another 4 and still be rejected is worse in my opinion.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:25 pm

Yes and Wilkes have been emailing their wait list as DD friend sadly got a NO today....I think that's worse than a straight no after two weeks...to then be on a wait list for another 4 and still be rejected is worse in my opinion.
That is tough, and definitely worse than the no earlier on as that means there is some hope that they are holding on to. I hope your DD’s friend has another option to fall back on.
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

First set of ArtsEd DADA offers also went out today. So everything finally moving so that decisions can be made.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:35 pm

That is tough, and definitely worse than the no earlier on as that means there is some hope that they are holding on to. I hope your DD’s friend has another option to fall back on.
yes she has but I think she told DD that she really wanted that one.....they told her they are full! But I am pretty sure there is still some movement to be made as maybe some have accepted elsewhere out of UCAS too? I think they have maybe massively over offered though or they could still keep a continued interest list going like Bird do.......I hear Emil Dale also massively over subscribed and didn't offer many of their BTEC students a place (similar scenario to Urdang). I guess this year has been a huge unprecedented amount of auditionees!
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

dancelifemum wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:55 am

yes she has but I think she told DD that she really wanted that one.....they told her they are full! But I am pretty sure there is still some movement to be made as maybe some have accepted elsewhere out of UCAS too? I think they have maybe massively over offered though or they could still keep a continued interest list going like Bird do.......I hear Emil Dale also massively over subscribed and didn't offer many of their BTEC students a place (similar scenario to Urdang). I guess this year has been a huge unprecedented amount of auditionees!
Have Urdang already over offered? We are waiting to hear and this worries me.... also is anyone else stalking this thread to see if anyone has heard from Urdang yet! :)
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Yup MTDreams, like you I’m stalking this thread for Urdang news ](*,) ! I keep checking in here and also on their stories to see if anyone has posted their offers.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:24 am Yup MTDreams, like you I’m stalking this thread for Urdang news ](*,) ! I keep checking in here and also on their stories to see if anyone has posted their offers.
We know somebody waiting too...they haven't heard either.They telephoned last week and were told it was proving difficult!!! whatever that means. I think there is a deadline for the colleges and UCAS for Thursday? Is that right? So it shouldn't be long.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Random...but has anybody ever heard of anyone getting a place via clearing?? Not something we are looking at doing :lol: But with regular uni courses you can view after a certain date if places are available on that course......
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

MTDreams wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:50 am
dancelifemum wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:55 am

Have Urdang already over offered? We are waiting to hear and this worries me.... also is anyone else stalking this thread to see if anyone has heard from Urdang yet! :)
I don't know if they have over offered...just that only 3 or 4 AVT got offered places! Similar to Emil Dale. I know Urdang have had 1900 applications like most they have all had record years of auditionees as logistics and travel expenses and time off school haven't had to factored in and limit the amount people applied to. Many have sent in multiple extra this year due to all being online.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:42 am
anastasia79 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:24 am Yup MTDreams, like you I’m stalking this thread for Urdang news ](*,) ! I keep checking in here and also on their stories to see if anyone has posted their offers.
We know somebody waiting too...they haven't heard either.They telephoned last week and were told it was proving difficult!!! whatever that means. I think there is a deadline for the colleges and UCAS for Thursday? Is that right? So it shouldn't be long.
Yes the UCAS deadline for degree offers to be received is this Thursday. Difficult, I wonder why, they’ve probably over offered and are now a bit stuck??? My gut feeling is that the recalls of April 9th haven’t been looked at until recently as there’s been all the 3rd year musicals to get sorted and filmed. I’ve had a look at their website and the final date for applications and recalls to be submitted was May 13th. That means there’s still quite a few others still to be auditioned.