Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

IDK
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by IDK »

Yes wouldn't be so bad if you had a tough idea of how long it would be - some seem to hear quite quickly and others take ages! Constant checking of emails is soul-destroying 😕
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

MTDreams wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:10 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:58 pm
MTDreams wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 pm So my DD finally heard from Arts Ed after a 9-10 week wait and was rejected. Has anyone here heard from Urdang recently? My DD is still waiting...
I’m so sorry, there’s nothing worse than an epic wait and then bad news. Does she have other options available besides Urdang? My DD is also still waiting to hear from Urdang, 5 weeks today since their recall! I just want an answer now, I’m sure you both do too.
Thank you! No, nothing yet. She has an interview for degree at GSA. She has still to hear from Bird too... they have said they won't view her videos until after her deadline date which is in a week or two's time. The waiting is hard isn't it? I find it hard and I'm not the one auditioning, lol! Hopefully we will both hear soon!
I’ll keep everything crossed for her for GSA and Bird \:D/ Yes, Bird are quite strict with the order in which they view videos, they are however really good at having results to everyone approx 3 weeks after their deadline date. This waiting is doing my head in! Like you say we have it hard but nothing compared to them. Good news this weekend would be lovely.
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

anastasia79 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:52 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:58 pm

I’m so sorry, there’s nothing worse than an epic wait and then bad news. Does she have other options available besides Urdang? My DD is also still waiting to hear from Urdang, 5 weeks today since their recall! I just want an answer now, I’m sure you both do too.
Thank you! No, nothing yet. She has an interview for degree at GSA. She has still to hear from Bird too... they have said they won't view her videos until after her deadline date which is in a week or two's time. The waiting is hard isn't it? I find it hard and I'm not the one auditioning, lol! Hopefully we will both hear soon!
I’ll keep everything crossed for her for GSA and Bird \:D/ Yes, Bird are quite strict with the order in which they view videos, they are however really good at having results to everyone approx 3 weeks after their deadline date. This waiting is doing my head in! Like you say we have it hard but nothing compared to them. Good news this weekend would be lovely.
Thank you! I can't remember but is your DD waiting on Urdang before a decision is made or has she somewhere already she wants to go?
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

MTDreams wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Thank you! I can't remember but is your DD waiting on Urdang before a decision is made or has she somewhere already she wants to go?
Yes she’s waiting on Urdang before she makes her final decision. It’s one of her top 2 places. She is in between them and Performers at the moment. Ideally if she’s fortunate enough to get an offer, she would love to have a tour there before she decides. She had a tour at Performers on Monday and loved it. If Urdang is a no, it will be a mad rush to sort accommodation. I’m a tad stressed as accommodation tends to go very quickly there especially as they’ve increased their numbers significantly. I called Urdang this afternoon and they’ve apologised for the delay, they said the standard was really high and the panel were having a final meeting this weekend before results would be emailed on Monday.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

My Godmother's daughter trained at Mountview then worked in the industry for 20 years until changing direction a few years back. My mum on a phone call to Godmother talking about my daughter's rejections, waiting, applying etc, Godmother said 'Oh God, don't remind me, I remember the stress of those days' so quarter of a century on and these times will still haunt us!

I feel a lot more 'calm' now I know what daughter is doing and I was perfectly ok with her doing foundation. I must have been sub conciouslly more stressed about another year of auditions than I realised.

Good luck to those still waiting on outcomes and well done to those who now have offers.
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

anastasia79 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:27 pm

Yes she’s waiting on Urdang before she makes her final decision. It’s one of her top 2 places. She is in between them and Performers at the moment. Ideally if she’s fortunate enough to get an offer, she would love to have a tour there before she decides. She had a tour at Performers on Monday and loved it. If Urdang is a no, it will be a mad rush to sort accommodation. I’m a tad stressed as accommodation tends to go very quickly there especially as they’ve increased their numbers significantly. I called Urdang this afternoon and they’ve apologised for the delay, they said the standard was really high and the panel were having a final meeting this weekend before results would be emailed on Monday.
oh crikey! thanks for letting me know... I will let DD know that she may find out early next week. Good luck to your DD, if she does get an offer from Urdang and can't get to go and see it, I have been to both places on an open day and can tell you what the differences are in my opinion if you're interested :)
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

lawn wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:17 pm My Godmother's daughter trained at Mountview then worked in the industry for 20 years until changing direction a few years back. My mum on a phone call to Godmother talking about my daughter's rejections, waiting, applying etc, Godmother said 'Oh God, don't remind me, I remember the stress of those days' so quarter of a century on and these times will still haunt us!

I feel a lot more 'calm' now I know what daughter is doing and I was perfectly ok with her doing foundation. I must have been sub conciouslly more stressed about another year of auditions than I realised.

Good luck to those still waiting on outcomes and well done to those who now have offers.
Over the past few years I have watched DD's older friends going through it thinking it must be exciting! My opinion has changed! And while it is exciting its also very stressful for lots of them. But hopefully they come away having learnt something and with some life experience too :)
canadianJo
BRIT Award

Post by canadianJo »

MTDreams wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 pm So my DD finally heard from Arts Ed after a 9-10 week wait and was rejected. Has anyone here heard from Urdang recently? My DD is still waiting...
ugh, sorry to hear that!
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

MTDreams wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:18 pm

oh crikey! thanks for letting me know... I will let DD know that she may find out early next week. Good luck to your DD, if she does get an offer from Urdang and can't get to go and see it, I have been to both places on an open day and can tell you what the differences are in my opinion if you're interested :)
Yes please, you could send me a message here. I’d like to know, it’ll help DD to make her decision.
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

canadianJo wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:59 am
ugh, sorry to hear that!
Thanks! I think she was just relieved to finally have a response :)
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

anastasia79 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:23 am

Yes please, you could send me a message here. I’d like to know, it’ll help DD to make her decision.
Will do :)
Dancemumalways
Nominee

Post by Dancemumalways »

Did anyone hear back from Wilkes about their tours? My dd sent a request but never got a reply, she tried to call and left messages but no reply?
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Jo14 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 pm Evening all, we are still waiting to hear from Wilkes. My DD has been on the waiting list. All other offers are in but really want to hear from this one before any decisions are made. Anyone else still waiting for Wilkes?
our friend's DD is also waiting....I think they forget how stressful this can be on the other side!
Last edited by dancelifemum on Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Hi Performers haven'r released their list yet according to the last correspondence..... so you're ok for now!
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:04 pm

Hi Performers haven'r released their list yet according to the last correspondence..... so you're ok for now!
Thank you. Yes I saw that on Saturday and I was so relieved 😅. They’ll be releasing the accommodation list in 2 weeks.