Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by anastasia79 »

Moonfaery wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:22 pm My dd still hasn’t heard after all these weeks whether Laine have received her re-submitted tape let alone watched it!
She has emailed a number of times.
I think it’s very rude to be honest.
OMG, that is unbelievable #-o! I remember you posting about this a few weeks ago. I cannot fathom why they simply can’t reply to her email to simply confirm, especially after what she’s been through.
evie03
Nominee

Post by evie03 »

Moonfaery wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:22 pm My dd still hasn’t heard after all these weeks whether Laine have received her re-submitted tape let alone watched it!
Have you tried calling? The admin aren't great tbh I emailed about a month ago but they never got back to me, so I called which was a lot quicker
Moonfaery
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery »

She didn’t want me to call as she wanted to deal with it herself.
She’s set on Urdang now and figured it’s the right choice for her as they wanted her straight off.
She’s lost all respect for Laine to be honest!
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Moonfaery wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:29 pm She didn’t want me to call as she wanted to deal with it herself.
She’s set on Urdang now and figured it’s the right choice for her as they wanted her straight off.
She’s lost all respect for Laine to be honest!
That’s fair enough. The positive thing is that this experience has made it clear for her where she wants to go. All the best of luck to her at Urdang 😁!
Moonfaery
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery »

That’s fair enough. The positive thing is that this experience has made it clear for her where she wants to go. All the best of luck to her at Urdang 😁!
[/quote]

Thanks Anastasia!
It’s certainly a relief to have it sorted.
I’ve got to do it all again next year with my other daughter!
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Moonfaery wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:05 pm
Thanks Anastasia!
Really?! You’ll truly be a yogi master by the end of this process with your other daughter. I’m just about hanging in there with my only daughter and hoping that we’ll soon have a decision on where she’s going. She’s been very fortunate with 4 offers but we are waiting on the final result from Urdang (again I’m having anxiety waiting on the result) before she commits to where she is going. I’ll be so much more relaxed once we can start planning for Sept.
Moonfaery
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery »

anastasia79 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:43 pm
Thanks Anastasia!
Really?! You’ll truly be a yogi master by the end of this process with your other daughter. I’m just about hanging in there with my only daughter and hoping that we’ll soon have a decision on where she’s going. She’s been very fortunate with 4 offers but we are waiting on the final result from Urdang (again I’m having anxiety waiting on the result) before she commits to where she is going. I’ll be so much more relaxed once we can start planning for Sept.
Fingers crossed you hear from Urdang soon.
Has she got a preference so far?
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Moonfaery wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:01 pm
Thanks Anastasia!
Yes, fingers and everything crossed. Right now it’s between Urdang and Performers.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:07 pm
icantdance wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:03 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:30 pm

We did too.

And ...... what did they say? Have just asked DS as he keeps everything very close to his chest so I won't find out otherwise!!
Mainly that they were in the process of sorting out the ‘talent register’ for the DADAs and also a FB group I think would be set up soon for the new starters to talk about accommodation etc. All in all, it congratulated them again on their offer and explained the upcoming steps and hoped that DC would choose to be a ‘Lainey’.
'talent register' so you can see how good they think you are!!! :(
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Sorry to hear this! Interestingly someone we know got an offer yesterday but it was by email! They seem to have ditched the letters at this later stage. So I would definitely call....good luck!
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:18 pm

Yes, fingers and everything crossed. Right now it’s between Urdang and Performers.
we had looked at accommodation for both ...urdang about 800pm performers 400/500pm if helps.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:46 am
icantdance wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:03 pm

And ...... what did they say? Have just asked DS as he keeps everything very close to his chest so I won't find out otherwise!!
Mainly that they were in the process of sorting out the ‘talent register’ for the DADAs and also a FB group I think would be set up soon for the new starters to talk about accommodation etc. All in all, it congratulated them again on their offer and explained the upcoming steps and hoped that DC would choose to be a ‘Lainey’.
Like you, I’m not keen at all on this ‘talent register’ 🙄. I don’t even want to think of the hierarchy that will create and the impact it could have on their mental health.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:53 am
anastasia79 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:18 pm

we had looked at accommodation for both ...urdang about 800pm performers 400/500pm if helps.
Thanks for that, if she’s fortunate to get into Urdang, she can travel there from home.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

anastasia79 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:11 am

Like you, I’m not keen at all on this ‘talent register’ 🙄. I don’t even want to think of the hierarchy that will create and the impact it could have on their mental health.
What do they mean by 'talent register' ? My understanding of Dadas (I might be totally wrong) is they do rank them in order of talent then go to the top of their list offer a Dada (if eligible) and see how much money they need based on their household income, then go to the 2nd on their list with the same and so on until their 'pot' of Dada money ran out. I also believe this 'pot' has to support their 2nd and 3rd year students who were also on Dadas. Is the talent register something different to that? I'm guessing by 'in the process' that they're already working through it because we know someone who was offered a Dada there earlier this week.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

anastasia79 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:11 am

To be fair this is a DaDa requirement although different colleges will call the list different things. Colleges are obliged to create a list of all candidates in order of perceived talent. Dada awards will will then be offered to candidates on that list starting from the top and working down until the money pot has run out. Some colleges have a scoring system they use to do this.