Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by MTDreams »

canadianJo wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 pm
MTDreams wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:57 pm
canadianJo wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:19 pm Congrats to everyone who has gotten offers! Can anyone explain what the process is at GSA? My daughter sent in her 2nd set of recall videos on the 12th. Have they started sending out offers? or do they do them all at once?
They have definitely started sending out offers as my DD is there on the foundation and a few of her friends have got theirs. There is no set timing as some people hear really quickly and some it takes a couple of weeks. Have you heard from Arts Ed yet? My DD hasn't but she has heard they either are behind or missed a load of video submissions. She knows at least couple of friends that are still waiting to hear from February.
Thanks for that, great to know! And still nothing from ArtsEd here either...My daughter emailed again last week just to check in, but no response. I feel like they'll have offered all their spaces before getting through all the videos. :?
Someone on DD's course got an offer from Arts Ed today.... and one last week. So they are still offering!
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

icantdance wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:39 am
MTDreams wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:57 pm Hello, my DD is trying to upload her videos for Urdang but they are too big. Has anyone here any tips on how she can condense them or any advice! She's been trying to do it for 2 days and its not working. She's not at home so I can't physically help her. Thanks!
I use Format Factory. It's free to download and will convert audio or video to any other file types. I usually convert them to MP4 files.
Hi, thanks! We can't find it on the App Store. There is one called 'I video Format Factory' but its £1.99.. is it that one? She has managed to upload her singing videos but her dance ones won't upload so she is going to try another way of compressing her videos.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Dancemumalways wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:54 pm Hi I have a question about the Bird reserve list, my daughter has been told that even if she has accepted another offer on Ucas she can turn it down and accept the Bird offer later on? We thought that once you accept with Ucas that is your final decision?
Yes that's right as they withdraw you from UCAS as they won't send out until possibly after the deadline.....they said not to worry as it means you will just reply to them direct.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:08 pm
Dancemumalways wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:54 pm Hi I have a question about the Bird reserve list, my daughter has been told that even if she has accepted another offer on Ucas she can turn it down and accept the Bird offer later on? We thought that once you accept with Ucas that is your final decision?
From what I know, if you’ve already accepted an offer on UCAS you have 14 days within accepting it to change it to another. This can only be done though by calling UCAS. If the offer has been accepted directly with the school and not UCAS she can definitely turn it down later and choose another school. I wonder if this is what your DD meant.
slightly different for Bird reserve...they take you off UCAS and mark your choice as unsuccessful....they then offer wait list directly as it is likely after the UCAS deadline of June 10th.....they say not to worry in their letter.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

MTDreams wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:35 pm
MTDreams wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:57 pm Hello, my DD is trying to upload her videos for Urdang but they are too big. Has anyone here any tips on how she can condense them or any advice! She's been trying to do it for 2 days and its not working. She's not at home so I can't physically help her. Thanks!
I use Format Factory. It's free to download and will convert audio or video to any other file types. I usually convert them to MP4 files.
Hi, thanks! We can't find it on the App Store. There is one called 'I video Format Factory' but its £1.99.. is it that one? She has managed to upload her singing videos but her dance ones won't upload so she is going to try another way of compressing her videos.
Actually, I just remembered that Will told us that if our ballet videos included both sides on the barre or in the centre, that one side would do. We did this and our videos were short enough to be uploaded.
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

anastasia79 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Actually, I just remembered that Will told us that if our ballet videos included both sides on the barre or in the centre, that one side would do. We did this and our videos were short enough to be uploaded.
Thank you! She has just messaged to say she has managed to compress them using the Compress app and they have loaded straight away! She said there isn't a submit button..you just upload your videos and that's it. Does that sound right?
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

MTDreams wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:44 pm

Thank you! She has just messaged to say she has managed to compress them using the Compress app and they have loaded straight away! She said there isn't a submit button..you just upload your videos and that's it. Does that sound right?
Fantastic, I’m glad to hear it! Yes that’s right. There isn’t a submit button. The school will be able to view the videos from her application page that she’s loaded them to.
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

anastasia79 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:02 pm
MTDreams wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:44 pm

Fantastic, I’m glad to hear it! Yes that’s right. There isn’t a submit button. The school will be able to view the videos from her application page that she’s loaded them to.
ahh great, thanks :)
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:28 pm
dancelifemum wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:18 pm HAs anybody heard back from Laine re dada forms yet?
Nothing at all.
had an email yesterday...
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Dd has been given an extension of 3 weeks to accept her MA at what is now her first choice college.

However because it's a 2 year course that has been offered and MA funding is a set amount we are not sure on finances. She's still waiting to hear from the other 3 which will be much easier financially.

Hard to decide what to do.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:12 pm
dancelifemum wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:18 pm HAs anybody heard back from Laine re dada forms yet?
Nothing at all.
We did too.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

islandofsodor wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:19 pm Dd has been given an extension of 3 weeks to accept her MA at what is now her first choice college.

However because it's a 2 year course that has been offered and MA funding is a set amount we are not sure on finances. She's still waiting to hear from the other 3 which will be much easier financially.

Hard to decide what to do.
Firstly congrats on her MA offer! Hopefully she’ll have a reply from the other schools before her 3 week extension is up. Then she can make a well informed decision.
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

anastasia79 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:30 pm

Nothing at all.
We did too.

And ...... what did they say? Have just asked DS as he keeps everything very close to his chest so I won't find out otherwise!!
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

icantdance wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:03 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:30 pm

We did too.

And ...... what did they say? Have just asked DS as he keeps everything very close to his chest so I won't find out otherwise!!
Mainly that they were in the process of sorting out the ‘talent register’ for the DADAs and also a FB group I think would be set up soon for the new starters to talk about accommodation etc. All in all, it congratulated them again on their offer and explained the upcoming steps and hoped that DC would choose to be a ‘Lainey’.
Moonfaery
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery »

My dd still hasn’t heard after all these weeks whether Laine have received her re-submitted tape let alone watched it!
She has emailed a number of times.
I think it’s very rude to be honest.