Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dancemumalways
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by Dancemumalways »

Grace03 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:45 pm Regarding Wilkes:
If you choose not to pay the £200 deposit they don’t take away your degree offer (I don’t think they’re allowed to do that as the offer is through ucas).
The £200 is more in relation for the things they offer in addition to the degree.
They are very helpful so please do ring or email them to clarify this but it is definitely what we have been told.
Hope that helps
Thank you
josegirl
BRIT Award

Post by josegirl »

Dancemumalways wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:20 pm Thanks for the advice, she auditioned on the 10th March and found out yesterday, we only have a week to decide and pay a £200 deposit 😄
Thank you she has emailed and apparently a letter had been sent out which has obviously gone missing in the post !! They said they would resend it today 🙏
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Just adding to the previous ArtsEd recall advice - DD had to sing her first song in full (not just the one minute version) and a short section from her second song. Some people are asked to sing certain exercises and others work on one of the songs a bit more. DD did both monologues and just worked on one. Some people were asked questions about their song choice or monologue choice. DD's interview was very relaxed and gave her a chance to talk about her experiences etc. Everyone DD knows has said their recall was a really positive experience so good luck to your DD duncemum :)
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Grace03 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:45 pm Regarding Wilkes:
If you choose not to pay the £200 deposit they don’t take away your degree offer (I don’t think they’re allowed to do that as the offer is through ucas).
The £200 is more in relation for the things they offer in addition to the degree.
They are very helpful so please do ring or email them to clarify this but it is definitely what we have been told.
Hope that helps
Ok that's interesting. We have paid it about a month ago as have others that we know. Same for Urdang.....in case they then offered your place out and hadn't decided yet.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Are Laine just generally slow at responding to emails? My DD has emailed them a few days ago but has had no response. I guess we need to call them instead in case it's going to their junk email.
Duncemum
BRIT Award

Post by Duncemum »

amo185 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:49 pm Just adding to the previous ArtsEd recall advice - DD had to sing her first song in full (not just the one minute version) and a short section from her second song. Some people are asked to sing certain exercises and others work on one of the songs a bit more. DD did both monologues and just worked on one. Some people were asked questions about their song choice or monologue choice. DD's interview was very relaxed and gave her a chance to talk about her experiences etc. Everyone DD knows has said their recall was a really positive experience so good luck to your DD duncemum :)
Thanks! It's all very nerve racking, and that's just me!
Moonfaery
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery »

dancelifemum wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:02 am Are Laine just generally slow at responding to emails? My DD has emailed them a few days ago but has had no response. I guess we need to call them instead in case it's going to their junk email.
We’ve had trouble too (see my earlier post re: submitting videos).
My DD submitted her videos again earlier this week (sent as separate files this time) and requested they acknowledge receipt. They haven’t responded, so like last time she will just have to wait and see if she hears back.
She said there was something written down on the website saying they are unable to acknowledge receipt of all videos due to the amount they get but seeing as we had such an issue before I would have hoped they would be able to confirm all is okay with this submission.
She has tried calling as well but they just said to email instead!
All very frustrating really.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Moonfaery wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:18 am
dancelifemum wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:02 am Are Laine just generally slow at responding to emails? My DD has emailed them a few days ago but has had no response. I guess we need to call them instead in case it's going to their junk email.
My DD submitted her videos again earlier this week (sent as separate files this time) and requested they acknowledge receipt. They haven’t responded, so like last time she will just have to wait and see if she hears back.
She said there was something written down on the website saying they are unable to acknowledge receipt of all videos due to the amount they get but seeing as we had such an issue before I would have hoped they would be able to confirm all is okay with this submission.
Oh OK I was going to leave it until Monday and call them...we tried the other day and she was out of the office.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Moonfaery and Dancelifemum I feel for both of you waiting to hear from Laines, I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you’ll hear something soon. It’s even more frustrating when you have tried to get in touch by email or phone and have not had any response. Not to mention after the issue of your DDs situation Moonfaery with the issue of her videos not being seen and then having to be resubmitted. I appreciate that mistakes can happen but in this instance a confirmation that her videos have been received by call or email is the least that could be done after what happened.
Moonfaery
BRIT Award

Post by Moonfaery »

Thanks Anastasia
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:15 pm Moonfaery and Dancelifemum I feel for both of you waiting to hear from Laines, I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you’ll hear something soon. It’s even more frustrating when you have tried to get in touch by email or phone and have not had any response. Not to mention after the issue of your DDs situation Moonfaery with the issue of her videos not being seen and then having to be resubmitted. I appreciate that mistakes can happen but in this instance a confirmation that her videos have been received by call or email is the least that could be done after what happened.
Thank you! I may try phoning them next week.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Re Performers audition date 6th March - has anyone had a reply from them since they’ve submitted their videos???

A dance friend of my DD submitted hers then and she’s not heard anything yet (they’re not on this forum and asked if I’d heard anything). She is so stressed waiting. We know exactly how she feels as we were too until my DD got her replies.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

dancelifemum wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:05 pm
Moonfaery wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:18 am
Oh OK I was going to leave it until Monday and call them...we tried the other day and she was out of the office.
If it the same lady handling admissions as last year communication is terrible. Had to email about 5 times and hen ask to speak to someone higher up to get a phone call from her. If you call Laine office they just tell you it is her you need to speak to and to email. Very frustrating.
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

anastasia79 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:38 pm Re Performers audition date 6th March - has anyone had a reply from them since they’ve submitted their videos???

A dance friend of my DD submitted hers then and she’s not heard anything yet (they’re not on this forum and asked if I’d heard anything). She is so stressed waiting. We know exactly how she feels as we were too until my DD got her replies.
DS auditioned on the same date and hasn't heard anything yet but he's heard from other people that Performers are taking 4 weeks to respond so I guess they'll probably hear back end of this week.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

icantdance wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:02 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:38 pm Re Performers audition date 6th March - has anyone had a reply from them since they’ve submitted their videos???

DS auditioned on the same date and hasn't heard anything yet but he's heard from other people that Performers are taking 4 weeks to respond so I guess they'll probably hear back end of this week.
Okay thanks, I’ll let her know. At least it’ll just be one more week. Hopefully she’ll hear by Thursday before they go on Easter break. He must be so chilled waiting on his reply as he’s all sorted now for Sep 😁!