Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by anastasia79 »

The ‘Laine Letter’ arrived today in the post, I had to sit and look at it all day until DD came home. She’s just opened it and we’re both in shock, she’s been offered a place :o !!!
Grace03
BRIT Award

Post by Grace03 »

anastasia79 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:31 pm The ‘Laine Letter’ arrived today in the post, I had to sit and look at it all day until DD came home. She’s just opened it and we’re both in shock, she’s been offered a place :o !!!
Congratulations! Does she have a favourite? x
Grace03
BRIT Award

Post by Grace03 »

Thank you everyone for the congratulations. No idea how she is going to make this decision!
I hope she doesn’t take too long though as I would like to start looking into accommodation fairly soon.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Grace03 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:09 pm Thank you everyone for the congratulations. No idea how she is going to make this decision!
I hope she doesn’t take too long though as I would like to start looking into accommodation fairly soon.
We know students at both and I know it's harder with Performers as it's not near so much so might need a car for accommodation if further away. Our friend that has a place at Bird has a 2 bed flat near the high street and station and 5 minute walk to college so it's more accessible and she can travel into London if needed. But that means rent is dearer. Good Luck!
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Congratulations to everyone with offers coming in! 🎉. If anyone wants to know anything about Laine my DS is there and loving it! Happy to answer any questions!
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

DS got his Laine letter today and was offered a place too!! He has to apply for funding so I guess it's not funded. He's still going to Bird... But waiting for the Performers decision.

Congratulations to all those with offers!!
coxyloulou
Nominee

Post by coxyloulou »

We're in the same position here, DD got her Laine letter today. She also has Bird and Performers. Bird being her top and most affordable choice . Still think she will apply for the Dada funding for Laine. Can anyone fill me in on how this works and when its normally decided who gets the funding? so stressful be glad when its all over!! Well done to everyone with offers.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

coxyloulou wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:37 pm We're in the same position here, DD got her Laine letter today. She also has Bird and Performers. Bird being her top and most affordable choice . Still think she will apply for the Dada funding for Laine. Can anyone fill me in on how this works and when its normally decided who gets the funding? so stressful be glad when its all over!! Well done to everyone with offers.
Last year they were meant to go back for a funding audition which was then cancelled. My dd had a place but then wasnt offered dada funding. Not sure how they are doing it this year but those guaranteed dada funding had already been offered it.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

Grace03 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:05 pm
anastasia79 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:31 pm The ‘Laine Letter’ arrived today in the post, I had to sit and look at it all day until DD came home. She’s just opened it and we’re both in shock, she’s been offered a place :o !!!
Congratulations! Does she have a favourite? x
Thank you! Right now it’s between Performers, Urdang and Laines. Laines has always been an aspirational school but one we know she’d need a DADA for to afford it. We’ll send off the DADA application and see what happens. We’re driving up next week to see Performers and Masters to get a feel of these. I truly believe that no matter which she chooses, it’ll be up to her to make the best of it x
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Well done everyone =D> ....I heard from a friend earlier today that they had a phone call from Laine today too offering her DD a place. So things are moving, but it does seems to vary as both phone calls and letters....
Dancindan
Nominee

Post by Dancindan »

Lakeviewp wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:45 pm Congratulations to everyone with offers coming in! 🎉. If anyone wants to know anything about Laine my DS is there and loving it! Happy to answer any questions!
We were wondering if all the students get one on one singing lessons weekly and how many hours a week they have, in her interview DD got told it’s 60% dance in first year so she thought she might miss out on her singing a bit :)
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

dancelifemum wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:46 am
Dancindan wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:20 pm
dancemum09 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:15 pm Re waiting for Laine - DD hasn't heard either and neither has anyone else on her group chats (excluding a lucky few who have been phoned!) - I must say I'm so grateful they can all talk to each other about waiting etc - most of DD's 'auditioning' friends at school are applying for straight acting so it's nice she has people to talk to. If anyone does hear from Laine re a result or just asking how long until things are posted then I'd love to know - but I appreciate we are all waiting!
DD got an offer a week ago now, got a phone call almost exactly two weeks after her audition (she had her interview on the first day of auditions), got some really lovely feedback from admin and Miss Laine, saying they thought Laine would be perfect for her. She was offered a full dada aswell which she is over the moon about, not too sure what getting a phone call instead of a letter means? I don’t believe anyone has recieved their official letter as we haven’t :)
That's great news for your DD. Well done to her!
We don't know any others that have auditioned for Laine yet apart from you lovely people on here. It would be nice to have all the offers on or off the table before we sit and discuss pros/cons and finances.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

dancelifemum wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:05 pm Well done everyone =D> ....I heard from a friend earlier today that they had a phone call from Laine today too offering her DD a place. So things are moving, but it does seems to vary as both phone calls and letters....we think phone calls indicate dada or scholarship.
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

DD also got her Laine letter today. So now she has four great offers and is very happy. Two totally affordable as degrees with student loans (Urdang and Trinity Laban) and two which require some sort of funding (Arts Ed and Laine). I think it'll be Arts Ed for her but feels great to have options. Huge well done to everyone with offers and fingers crossed that these colleges have big pots of money to support everyone in financial need. It's so sad that for most of us it comes down to money in the end! And even with funding, accommodation and living costs don't come cheap! Good luck to everyone.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

amo185 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:01 pm DD also got her Laine letter today. So now she has four great offers and is very happy. Two totally affordable as degrees with student loans (Urdang and Trinity Laban) and two which require some sort of funding (Arts Ed and Laine). I think it'll be Arts Ed for her but feels great to have options. Huge well done to everyone with offers and fingers crossed that these colleges have big pots of money to support everyone in financial need. It's so sad that for most of us it comes down to money in the end! And even with funding, accommodation and living costs don't come cheap! Good luck to everyone.
Excellent news! Well done \:D/