Auditioning for 2021 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2021 entry

Post by icantdance »

josegirl wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:58 am Quick question . Those who have had auditions for Italia Conti how long did it take to find out if DS or DD had a recall or not please ? Thank you 😊
They are saying 3-4 weeks. I think it was about 3.
josegirl
BRIT Award

Post by josegirl »

icantdance wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:05 pm
josegirl wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:58 am Quick question . Those who have had auditions for Italia Conti how long did it take to find out if DS or DD had a recall or not please ? Thank you 😊
They are saying 3-4 weeks. I think it was about 3.
Thank you xx :D
josegirl
BRIT Award

Post by josegirl »

So DD just heard she has got recall at Italia Conti . Just under two weeks from her audition . She is bouncing off the walls haha as this is her dream college . :D :D
dancemum09
Nominee

Post by dancemum09 »

That is fantastic news! Brilliant for her (and you!) to hear so soon. Keep us updated! :)
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

josegirl wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:53 pm So DD just heard she has got recall at Italia Conti . Just under two weeks from her audition . She is bouncing off the walls haha as this is her dream college . :D :D
Congratulations to your DD. That's fab news!!! DS hasn't yet heard back from his recall which was exactly 2 weeks ago but hoping to hear this week. I guess your recall will be next week... They're doing them quickly!
josegirl
BRIT Award

Post by josegirl »

dancemum09 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:51 pm That is fantastic news! Brilliant for her (and you!) to hear so soon. Keep us updated! :)
Thank you and will do !
josegirl
BRIT Award

Post by josegirl »

icantdance wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:58 am
josegirl wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:53 pm So DD just heard she has got recall at Italia Conti . Just under two weeks from her audition . She is bouncing off the walls haha as this is her dream college . :D :D
Congratulations to your DD. That's fab news!!! DS hasn't yet heard back from his recall which was exactly 2 weeks ago but hoping to hear this week. I guess your recall will be next week... They're doing them quickly!
Thank you I’m sure he will hear very soon then . That’s good to know that the recalls are happening quickly . She had to reply to email stating she would like to attend the recall and then they will send date and all information then .
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

How exciting and congratulations, it’s an added bonus as it is her dream college =D>!
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Great to hear about more recalls. It really gives them a buzz and keeps them upbeat which is just what they need at the moment! Well done to them all! :)
2good2hurry
BRIT Award

Post by 2good2hurry »

Brilliant news!
josegirl
BRIT Award

Post by josegirl »

amo185 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:38 pm Great to hear about more recalls. It really gives them a buzz and keeps them upbeat which is just what they need at the moment! Well done to them all! :)
Thank you and I totally agree a well needed boost for them
josegirl
BRIT Award

Post by josegirl »

2good2hurry wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:57 pm
Brilliant news!
Thank you
Dodger'smum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dodger'smum »

Harry2003 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:07 pm I am totally shocked that those poor kids at Laine were told that! What an absolutely disgraceful lack of regard to the mental health of those students. They need support and guidance. It’s an incredibly tough time for the performing arts. A time to be creative and tenacious and hold your nerve.
Late reply but I rarely look in these days as DS is older now. He laughed when he saw how Miss Laine's comments were taken completely out of context. As in all the schools, the real life aspect of life in this industry is discussed at length and it was merely being pointed out how things like the pandemic can pop up and bite your bum as a performer. Ofcourse the youngsters need other spokes to their wheels, that's all she meant.

DS is on a full scholarship at Laine and I can assure everyone the training is second to none, and it has been amazing how the faculty has ensured ongoing quality training whilst keeping our children safe. The importance they put on mental health is immense. I know this is late and I probably won't be checking in for a while again, but I felt it only right to flag up an alternative view from someone else who was there on the day. :)
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

My DD auditioned two weeks ago for Laine so, like others, is waiting on the outcome. Glad you took the time to put Miss Laine's comments into perspective. That was we had thought. Thank you! Brilliant for your DS that he got a full scholarship. Those are so rare - so huge well done! He must be a real superstar! :)
Duncemum
BRIT Award

Post by Duncemum »

Moonfaery wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:46 pm Please can anyone give any opinions/advice on Urdang vs Bird for triple threat degree. DD wants to focus on all 3 disciplines equally.
I’m aware that Urdang does the track system in year 2 for triple threat but I am guessing they are not guaranteed to get on that track? And not sure what happens at Bird.
Thanks
Hi

I remember from Bird open day and audition day parent 'chats' that they run a track system of triple threat equal or more dance focussed track. I have a feeling that was 2nd year onwards too.