Brighton Academy

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Mrspotatohead
Nominee

Brighton Academy

Post by Mrspotatohead »

Hi guys. My DC has been offered a place at Brighton Academy. Does anyone have any feedback and thoughts please?
The alumni are really impressive for a new college but we are apprehensive as it is new and not in London and we have not been to visit. Any advice please?, class sizes, hours etc . It the Performing Arts BA Thank you xxx
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Re: Brighton Academy

Post by Dancecrazy »

Mrspotatohead wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:07 pm Hi guys. My DC has been offered a place at Brighton Academy. Does anyone have any feedback and thoughts please?
The alumni are really impressive for a new college but we are apprehensive as it is new and not in London and we have not been to visit. Any advice please?, class sizes, hours etc . It the Performing Arts BA Thank you xxx
A friend of my dd’s friend is in 2nd or 3rd year . I don’t know the specifics about class size etc but they love it there . I’ve only heard good things .
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

I know 3 of my daughters friends who are there - 2 really like it and will be going into 3rd year and the other girl didn't like it at all and quit after 9 months - I think if your child was there and liked it then go for it as I think you get a feeling yourself - colleges my daughter thought she would love she didn't like at all - more difficult if you weren't able to attend an audition in person but go with how you both feel yourself and if they are a hard worker etc they'll do well no matter where they go - best of luck x
Debdoos
Nominee

Post by Debdoos »

Tricky with a new Uni and probably first term likely to be remote. It does sound awesome course