Commercial Dance?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

musicalmummy123
Nominee

Commercial Dance?

Post by musicalmummy123 »

Hi all. My DD is looking to become a commercial dancer in the future such as music videos, world tours etc. Was wondering where the best places to train for these are. Don’t know much about many schools.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Commercial Dance?

Post by becmum »

musicalmummy123 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:11 pm Hi all. My DD is looking to become a commercial dancer in the future such as music videos, world tours etc. Was wondering where the best places to train for these are. Don’t know much about many schools.
Perhaps somewhere like Rare in Liverpool or jelli studios Liverpool, SLP leeds do professional dance course as does Masters in Essex. Wilkes academy all seem more dance than musical theatre?
Itsastrangeworld
BRIT Award

Re: Commercial Dance?

Post by Itsastrangeworld »

Wilkes academy (based in Swindon) have a varied timetable in terms of genres (ballet, tap, modern, jazz,contemporary, commercial, acting, singing) but do a high level of Commercial classes and past-students have gone on to work in the Commercial sector, such as music videos/live music acts (such as the Brits).They also attract leading commercial choreographers. My DD is currently in the second year.