Bird Reserve List

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Lmum
BRIT Award

Re: Bird Reserve List

Post by Lmum »

Reserve list definitely still moving as DD friend offered degree place this morning :D Good luck to those still waiting
Duncemum
BRIT Award

Post by Duncemum »

I’m guessing there hasn’t been much movement in the list as no reports here? We haven’t heard of anyone from the 5 or 6 girls we know. My Dd told she is mid-list so she’s stayed on the list but has committed really to Performers pre-voc, especially now I have found accommodation for her.
Good luck everyone!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Duncemum wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:37 am I’m guessing there hasn’t been much movement in the list as no reports here? We haven’t heard of anyone from the 5 or 6 girls we know. My Dd told she is mid-list so she’s stayed on the list but has committed really to Performers pre-voc, especially now I have found accommodation for her.
Good luck everyone!
Same for my dd although apparently nearer the top for the diploma but she has accepted her place at Bodyworks even though it just a one year level 4 intensive. She really liked it there and it looks like they are moving towards student finance funded courses that she may be able to move on to next year. She is staying on the list too because she would just like to know if offered.
Duncemum
BRIT Award

Post by Duncemum »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:33 am
Duncemum wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:37 am I’m guessing there hasn’t been much movement in the list as no reports here? We haven’t heard of anyone from the 5 or 6 girls we know. My Dd told she is mid-list so she’s stayed on the list but has committed really to Performers pre-voc, especially now I have found accommodation for her.
Good luck everyone!
Same for my dd although apparently nearer the top for the diploma but she has accepted her place at Bodyworks even though it just a one year level 4 intensive. She really liked it there and it looks like they are moving towards student finance funded courses that she may be able to move on to next year. She is staying on the list too because she would just like to know if offered.
It feels better to a least have a solid plan at last. Dd happier for it to. Tough waiting and we’re now doing it again next year! Deep joy!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Duncemum wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:39 am
Dancemum1973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:33 am
Good luck everyone!
It feels better to a least have a solid plan at last. Dd happier for it to. Tough waiting and we’re now doing it again next year! Deep joy!
I know. That is what she didnt want but at least as this is level 4 rather than a foundation it has some performances and an industry showcase included. And is a full year course so hoping it will mean she can stay in there. I think there are places she definitely won't audition for next time either.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Not sure if anyone else has had this but dd has had an email today from Bird to say that all places have now been filled. Thankfully dd already has a place elsewhere but if it is true then this is very early for Bird to be sorted and not good news for a lot, hopefully people on here have been lucky xx
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:13 pm Not sure if anyone else has had this but dd has had an email today from Bird to say that all places have now been filled. Thankfully dd already has a place elsewhere but if it is true then this is very early for Bird to be sorted and not good news for a lot, hopefully people on here have been lucky xx
Yeah we had that too.
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Hi, my DD has been on the Bird reserve list for the degree and she got an email on Monday saying that all places had been offered off the reserve list but she was at the top of the next lot and if someone declines their offer is she still interested? I'm guessing they haven't completely secured their intake yet or they are being prepared incase someone pulls out at the last moment!
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Just wondered if anyone has heard of any movement on this at all ?
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Crazytime wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:04 pm Just wondered if anyone has heard of any movement on this at all ?
No nothing. I don't think my dd replied to the email to stay on the list as we have now booked her place at Bodywork Company so she is all set to go.
Dancermum70
Nominee

Post by Dancermum70 »

Just heard of someone getting an offer on the 3 year diploma with a DADA,I'm guessing they were on the reserve list.
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Dancermum70 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:16 am Just heard of someone getting an offer on the 3 year diploma with a DADA,I'm guessing they were on the reserve list.
Ah ok , there is still movement then ! Good to know :)
Thanks
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Omg!!! Bird diploma with dada offer just now!!!!
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

I knew it. I just knew this was going to happen. I almost said to you a couple of months ago that this would happen. I wish I'd put a bet on it.

SO......... what is she going to do?
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Take it! She would be mad not to. However we now need to get out of a flat contract and college contract!!!