Video Auditions for Colleges Sept 2020

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Mammamia
BRIT Award

Video Auditions for Colleges Sept 2020

Post by Mammamia »

My dd had several outstanding auditions to do , all of which have been changed to video auditions . Does anyone else feel that this is this is just a box ticking exercise in order to avoid refunding audition fees?
Although I’ve encouraged my dd to submit them , I just can’t see colleges admitting students on the basis of a video audition ( having seen the rigorous audition process used if you attend in person ) and feel that they will now probably allocate all their places to those who had already auditioned in person .
My dd is lucky as at least she got to do two auditions and has an offer for Italia Conti but I feel very sorry for students who hadn’t started the audition process yet .
Lmum
BRIT Award

Re: Video Auditions for Colleges Sept 2020

Post by Lmum »

I can’t speak for every college but my DD friend has just been offered a place after an online audition :) :)
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

That’s great news!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

I honestly think that colleges will do this properly. They may even follow up with a phone / skype interview

It's in their best interest to get the best people, so they will make it work

I wouldn't worry - there's been a lot of people posting tips and advice on nailing video auditions

Good luck to your DD
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Thanks Munchpot!
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

My DD submitted a video audition and received and offer today so just so pleased the system seems to be working 👍
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

That’s wonderful news Becmum!
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

becmum wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 pm My DD submitted a video audition and received and offer today so just so pleased the system seems to be working 👍
This has made me feel so much better as I was also feeling a little apprehensive about it .. I shall pass this on to my DD
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Mammamia wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:12 pm That’s wonderful news Becmum!
Thank you, waiting on one more video submission.
We were quite surprised but relieved there’s a definate option for September, also got an offer for her current college but waiting on news of funding for there. With everything else going on in the world this doesn’t help with the stress 🤯. Hope everyone is well xx
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Crazytime wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:10 am
becmum wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 pm My DD submitted a video audition and received and offer today so just so pleased the system seems to be working 👍
This has made me feel so much better as I was also feeling a little apprehensive about it .. I shall pass this on to my DD
Good stuff and good luck 😉
Freya2000
Nominee

Post by Freya2000 »

Does anyone know if wilkes are doing video auditions?
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Freya2000 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:58 pm Does anyone know if wilkes are doing video auditions?
My dd applied for and paid for an audition on 7th Feb . After an acknowledgement of this , she hasn’t received any more correspondence . We’ve sent multiple emails and no reply to phone calls . We paid well before the Covid 19 issue so this cat be the problem